“Great Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kimberly
Windsor, Canada
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

After reading the last review I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned.
My sister, daughter and I stayed here for a week while we were at Country USA in Oshkosh. Our room was clean, the hotel was clean. Yes the furniture and décor are a little dated but so what it wasn't falling apart and it was clean.
If we had anything to complain about it would be the night we came back from Oshkosh and couldn't find a place to park because there were trucks taking up multiple spaces.
If we go to Country USA next year I will definitely be back

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amit P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kimberly, responded to this review, July 1, 2014

9207884400

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Oshkosh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Before I booked this hotel, I did my research like I always do... I decided to book this room based on all the great reviews that boasted how clean and new-looking this hotel was. Unfortunately, I was quite disappointed when I checked into the room. The room smelled heavily of smoke and strong air freshener and there were several large cigarette burns in the carpet, even though the hotel boasted a 100% No Smoking policy. There were even a couple piles of actual ashes still on the carpet next to the sitting table and the coffee table! Since I had signed a form holding me responsible to pay a $250 fee for any instances of smoking, I quickly called the front desk to inform them of the room's condition. The front desk manager was very prompt and came up to the room almost immediately. He asked if I wanted a different room, however, there were no other rooms like the suite we had ordered. He politely showed me another room that was the closest comparison but due to the large difference in size and layout, the room didn't suite our needs. I decided to keep the original room, hoping that the smell would air out over the next few hours. Upon further inspection, the room appeared to not have been vacuumed at all - several food chunks on floor and next to furniture. Since I had already agreed to take the room and I was in a hurry to get to the event that I was in town for, I did not call again to complain. The tops of the end tables and sitting table were also dirty from previous guests and the carpet was heavily stained and in need of replacement. There was also a large spot on one of the walls (approximately 3ft x 4ft in size) that appeared to be water damaged. The furniture was outdated and dirty and the safe did not work. The pool area received great natural light, but unfortunately it was located directly in front of the front desk with large floor to ceiling windows along the side so that anybody who walked through the front door was essentially staring at you, and that was unpleasant. Overall, the property was not clean or especially well-maintained. The parking lot area was unkempt and crumbling. The best things that I can say about this hotel (because I want to leave an accurate review on which others can base their decisions) is that the staff were very nice and accommodating. I believe this hotel may be privately owned by a family. The free breakfast was small but just fine in my opinion. The redecorating was trendy and attractive, and I would have liked it even more if it would have been as clean as some of the previous reviewers had claimed. The layout of the suite was really cool. If it had been clean, didn't smell of smoke, and the wooden furniture wasn't so old, I would have loved it! Overall message: If you aren't extremely particular about cleanliness, and hospitality is the #1 value that you are looking for, this hotel may suite you just fine. **This hotel could clean up very nicely. I hope that they do because they seemed very nice!** Personally, for the extra $20, I would stay across the street at the Hilton Garden Inn next time, simply based on the cleanliness factor.

Room Tip: The suite layout was really cool but the carpet honestly needs to be replaced. They mentioned that...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tabitha86
Amit P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kimberly, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your stay on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with my entire staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Kimberly.

Cadott, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We have stayed in the hotel for many years. Always a great rate and very close to anything in the fox valley. Comfortable beds and a great breakfast to start the day. They know me by name and and are very friendly. Always meets our needs.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

West Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Check in was fast room was ready when I checked in and very clean. Large selection for breakfast. Bed has a lot of pillows which I real like. Did not have to wait at front desk I would stay again, would ask for a ground level room so my mother would not need to climb stairs

Room Tip: Need to specify need ground level room for senior
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Stevens Point, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Extremely comfortable beds, property well-kept and clean. Even the hallways smell great! Staff is very friendly and accommodating---I asked for a quiet room and that's what I got! As the TV was mounted on the wall, I was a little worried I might hear what other people were watching in adjacent rooms, but, nope, nada.

Breakfast was pretty decent, too. Especially the omelettes.

I usually stay on the other end of College Ave, toward the mall and the airport. Thanks to 441,the Quality Inn is just as convenient and a much better value!

Great deal!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Mari L
Amit P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kimberly, responded to this review, April 22, 2014

Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Check-in by extremely friendly Manager. Our room was immaculate and comfortable and quiet. Bed was great. Room decorated tastefully. Hallways in hotel were also extremely clean. Breakfast had many selections. Breakfast area and lobby was large with many seating options. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Suites are on second floor. There is no elevator, but that wasn't a problem for us.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rosie0922
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kimberly, responded to this review, March 15, 2014

Amherst, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed in one of the suites. It was very clean and in great condition and extremely reasonable price compared to other hotels in the area. Room was actually nicer than expected. We would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in a room at the end of the hallway which was a little load as people were coming and going.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Natalie D
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kimberly, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Natalie

9207884400
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kimberly
Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#13 of 23 in Appleton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton North

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kimberly? Share your experiences!