“Hotel stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kimberly
United States
“Hotel stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

While they were not overly friendly, the staff was accommodating and let us check in early which was a great help. They were very professional. Quite disappointed that breakfast was not included. Found a skittle under the table, pretty much in plain view. Clock was never forwarded after Daylight savings time and we were late for a wedding.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Darcy L
AbbeyKosiorek, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Darcy,
Thank you very much for taking the time and reviewing your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn. We are always looking for different ways to improve our service to our guests. We are very sorry to hear about the alarm clock in your room, that has been addressed and we have used this as a training example to all of our associates to pay attention to detail.
In regards to breakfast, the Hilton Garden Inn brand strives to remain a step above hotels that include a free, continental breakfast. We have a chef on site to cook a fresh, made to order breakfast. With this added quality to the breakfast experience, we are unable to offer a free breakfast.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please fee free to call us directly and ask for our Front Office Manager or General Manager.

Thank you very much and we hope to see you again soon.

Public Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Colfax, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We have stayed here about 3-4 times and have always been well pleased. It's quiet. Staff is friendly. Very clean. Spacious, comfortable rooms. We enjoy the pool. Staff has been very accommodating each and every time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

AbbeyKosiorek, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dorothy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Appleton/Kimberly. We are always pleased to hear that our guests found everything very accommodating and our staff was able to make your stay so wonderful. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Milton, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We arrived after a very tiring drive due to bad weather. It was refreshing to be greeted by a very friendly desk clerk. The lobby was beautiful and clean. The room was a nice size and very clean. The king bed was very comfortable. We will stay there again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

AbbeyKosiorek, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time here. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed here this past weekend for a wedding. The hotel was clean and rooms were comfortable. We checked in around 2 PM. The desk clerk didn't look up or say hi just asked my name and told me she needed my credit card. I gave it to her and I said I didn't want the charges to go on that card that I wanted to pay cash . She looked at me and said "well then why did you give it to me", I said because you asked for it. She was very rude. She gave me my key card and did not explain how to get to my room, where to park, the breakfast, pool hours etc. After we checked in I was sitting in the lobby waiting for some people to meet me there and was watching her. Anytime anyone walked by she would never look up or even acknowledge they were there. The girl that was there around 9 PM was very friendly and nice. On Sunday when we checked out, the guy asked my name and said everything was taken care of. I said again, I did not want the charges on my credit card and I wanted to pay cash (obviously the girl on Friday afternoon did not leave any notes about me wanting to pay cash). He sighed and reversed the charges and fumbled around in the cash drawer before he gave me my $6.00 back in change. I then had to asked for a receipt in which he sighed again. He did not ask me how my stay was or even thanked me for my stay.

The hotel is very clean but the staff really needs some customer service training.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
AbbeyKosiorek, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Appleton/Kimberly. We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel so we can make your stays as accommodating as possible. We are sorry to hear about the poor service you received upon staying with us and it will be used as a training tool for all of our team members. If you would like to discuss this issue further, please feel free to contact our General Manager. We would love to resolve this and have you stay with us again in the future

Kimberly, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I enjoyed my recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Kimberly, I was there for a getaway stay and the staff made me feel at home and comfortable. The Entire staff was Kind and always smiling. Every Staff member i encountered Greated me and started conversation. I will definitly stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Cheryl,
We are very pleased to hear that your stay with us was so great. We are always aiming to go above and beyond to make each guest feel welcome and at home. I truly hope you are able to make it back to the area and stay with us again. We would love to have you.

Prairie du Sac, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Please consider the Hilton for your next family vacation. The front desk staff is very accommodating & cheerful. Any request or concern big or small was addressed within minutes. Thank you for making our trip to "Wicked" a special memory after the show!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

AbbeyKosiorek, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Bette,
We are very pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time while staying with us while you were in town. I'm also very pleased that our staff was able to accommodate your every request without a problem. We hope you enjoyed seeing Wicked, and we would love to have you stay with us again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I have reviewed this property previously and am happy to report corrections have been made.
The last stay I had problems with the service in the restaurant at breakfast.
Actually that statement is incorrect, there was no service.
The server was too busy checking, I believe, her lotto tickets to do anything else, like serve.
I did speak with hotel staff upon check out and am glad to say the service has done a 180 degree turnaround.
The server was courteous, prompt and professional.
The hotel provided typical HGI value.
Will not hesitate to return.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Hilton Garden Inn Appleton/Kimberly again. It is wonderful to hear that the service was as it should be for all of our guests, and that your stay was much more enjoyable this time around. We are always looking for ways to improve. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Public Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kimberly
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton North
Cambria hotel & suites
Cambria hotel & suites
#7 of 23 in Appleton
Wingate by Wyndham Appleton
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Appleton
Radisson Paper Valley Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly? Share your experiences!