“Great value, clean, friendly!”

Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kimberly
Chicago, IL
“Great value, clean, friendly!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've stayed at the HGI Appleton many times and it is consistently clean, quiet, everything in the room functions properly and the staff is very welcoming and knowledgeable. They have recently remodeled their entire lobby including breakfast area and they always have free coffee and tea available. Breakfast (may or may not be included in your room rate) is hot, made-to-order eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc. Most (if not all) rooms have a mini fridge, microwave and sleep number beds. The parking is convenient and they have a decent-sized pool with hot tub and a small exercise room. The hotel is located at the outer edge of Appleton, close to the highway and about 10 - 15 minutes drive to downtown Appleton or the mall area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kickthecow
pleetaicang, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Hello Kickthecow,
Thanks much for your generous comments, we will continue to strive to earn and retain your business, along with the great settings and fine service, we do our fair share of banquets and cookouts in the summer, so if and when you are in the area again, look us up for a family picnic or a reunion, we would love to cater to your events...gratefully yours,

Paul Lee, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Randolph, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I waslooking for a place in the Appleton area to getaway for the weekend that was a bit further away from the mall area as the traffic there was a hassle in the past. The lobby of the hotel was very impressive. The employee at the check-in desk was nice and had everything ready for me when I came up. I must have only been there for 30 seconds. Great speed. I had a room on the 2nd floor. It was very clean. The only downside was the bed was a bit hard. The pool area was well kept and the pool water was a comforatble temperature. Breakfast was free for us the next morning as I am a gold member but I don't think I would have paid the $10 a person had it not been. The food was ok. Overall it was a good experience and I will probably consider this hotel if I stay in the area again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank S-Rod22
pleetaicang, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear friends,
Thanks so much for your kind and generous review, we are honored that you rated us 4 out of 5 ratings. For your information, our beds firmness and softness can be adjusted according to your taste, our Hilton Garden Sleep system is supported by air chamber system, we normally set our sleep system at medium, but off course consumer may adjusted according to their own preference...as for our cook to order 48 item breakfast, we will work on adding more choice and selections, so that we can give all of our guests more choices...your comments were very very helpful. We hope to see you again, on your next visit to our Appleton area.

Gratefully yours,

Wales, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a beautiful, clean, well maintained hotel. It is quiet, has comfy linens, good room temperature controls. The elevator is conveniently located. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. In fact, I am going to book it for an upcoming meeting.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank terriman570
pleetaicang, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Hello Terriman570,
Thanks much for your gracious comments, we will work very hard to continue to earn your business, our hotel has several meeting rooms, plus a large banquet hall directly across the street, who is own by one of our owners as well, so i am certain, we are able to accomodate to your needs, hope to see you soon.

Wisconsin
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Good stay. We have stayed at this property several times and as in the past always find staff friendly and helpful. Buffet breakfast in the morning is very good individually prepared eggs/omlets fresh fruits and lots more to choose from. Clean room although the pillows were too soft for one of us. Plan to return soon...maybe with my own traveling pillow! :0)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mr_Rick_2016
Hello Richard N,
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, no need for you to bring your own pillows, we will be more than happy to accomodate your needs, from soft, medium, firm and very firm pillows, including memory foam pillows...all you need to do is to mention your desires at the time of reservations, we would be delighted to accomodate your needs, hope to see you soon.

Concord, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed a total of 6 nights. Half the trip in a 2 double bed room. Our daughter was staying with us, and then a King room, for just my husband and I. Both rooms were very clean and comfortable. Very nice bedding.The king had a jetted tub that was nice but typical. The hot tub was not working for the duration of our trip. After a couple complaints about it they did give us a free breakfast. The food was good, but without the comp, I would not have paid 10.00 for it. The pool was nice but chilly. Could not stay in it long. Housekeeping and front desk staff were very nice and helpful. Will definatly stay again because of the location for me. Not in a congested area, so easy to get around.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
pleetaicang, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thanks so much for your comments during your recent visit, we have taken your suggestions and made necessary adjustments....we hope to see you again on your return visit to our area...

Gratefully yours,

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here several times in the past year. The staff has always been professional an helpful. They have recently remodeled the lobby (looks great). The bar has happy hour from 5-7. I have never had breakfast so I cannot comment. I did order a bowl of chili for $6.50 and was very taken aback when they presented my "to go" order in a coffe cup! Yes the same cups they have out for customers... On the bright side-the chili was spicy! Buy still my bowl was in a cup...

• Stayed December 2012
pleetaicang, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hello guest,
Thanks for commenting on your recent stay at our hotel, on the container we served our freshly home made Chili in, there must have been a break down in communication on our part, we normally served our home made Chilil in a nice porcelain bowl...an take out Chili goes into a take away container....though i am glad, to hear you enjoyed our Chili...thanks again for your comments.

Florence wi
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This Inn is highly over-rated. The room I stayed is was unexceptional and over-priced. I paid close to $100.00 for the room and in the moring they expected me to PAY $10.00 for breakfast! I am a word traveler and I have never been ripped off like this. What I would say to people looking for a place to stay in the area: go to Green Bay. $10.00 for a breakfast? OUTRAGEOUS!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,
I am so sorry to hear about your comments regarding our full service breakfast buffet , which feature 4 different choices of juices, plus milk, chocolate milk, 4 flavor of yogurts, hot oatmeal, 8 choices of breakfast cereals, made your own waffle with various toppings, breakfast rolls including freshlly made muffins, cringles, danishes, plus 5 different kinds of breads, still more on sausage, bacon, pancakes, french toast, hash brown potatoes and made to order omellets, a minimum of 4 fruits, including bananas, oranges, apples, grapefruits and more (plus free flowing coffee, tea etc...)...for most of our guests, $9.95 is a great value, we hope you could give us another opportunity to earn your business.

Sincerely yours,

Paul Lee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kimberly
Quality Inn & Suites Kimberly
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton
Radisson Paper Valley Hotel
Cambria hotel & suites
Cambria hotel & suites
#7 of 25 in Appleton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton North
Wingate by Wyndham Appleton

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly? Share your experiences!