“Nice looking hotel - a few issues”

Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kimberly
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for a wedding, so, my husband and I and our two teenage daugters reserved a two "double bed" room (the only other choice is 1 King bed) - the beds were small for two adults to sleep in comfortably. Our friends who had Kings even commented that they didn't seem to be standard King size.
My brother in law had a room down the hall that had a toilet that overflowed several times during the 2 night stay and was unuseable (had to be plunged and floor sanitized) ... they only gave them a $20 for the inconvienence of not having a bathroom - thankfully they knew other people on the floor..

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank staylor67
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly

Reviewed October 26, 2010

My husband and I were traveling to the area for a Packer game. This was the closest place I could find to Lambeau. We generally used to 4 and 5 star hotels - so I was a bit curious about what we would find. The location of the hotel is great - close to grocery, restaurants (loved Uno Grill and Palmers!), freeway entrance, exit, etc. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean, and i love that they have mini fridges and microwaves. I didn't use the pool - but it looked good and I did see a number of families using it. I probably would have used it if I were traveling with children, but otherwise would skip it. The restaurant/bar wasn't opened when we arrived (10PM on a Friday) - and we were gone most of the rest of the time. Love the high speed internet at no extra cost - reliable, fast connection and free. The entire place was taken over by Packer fans - and I can see why - we were about 30 minutes from Lambeau (left about 3 hours prior to the game, exited on Lombardi ave and parked in a residential lot on a side street near the field). I was curious whether it would be wild after the game was over (packers won!) but it was amazingly quiet. Check out is an absolute breeze and parking is free. would absolutely stay again - especially for the packers!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I stayed at HGI in Appleton for a wedding. It was a very nice hotel. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the Zip Out check out was great. The only complaints I have are these: On the morning of my departure, I was waiting with a group to sit down at the "restaurant" to eat breakfast and the staff in that area were very snippy and rude to us. The other complaint was in that same place, in which I was served 13,000 degree coffee and burned the roof of my mouth and my tongue. As a daily coffee drinker, I know coffee is served best hot and I like it that way. But never before had I experienced a beverage with this insanely high temperature. And I have burned my tongue before (on things half that hot) and it's only a minor inconvenience. The injury to my mouth as a result of this coffee lasted a long time. I had damaged taste buds, burnt skin on the roof of my mouth, numbness, redness and pain for almost 9 days. Definitely not a pleasant experience. Other than those issues with the restaurant, the hotel was decent and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2010

We booked our 10 rooms months in advanced for a boys basketball tourney...needed non-smoking rooms but 3 families with young children were given smoking rooms!. The hotel staff called the local police department to walk the hallways - intimidating the young boys that were there for a local basketball tournament. The hotel would NOT allow the parents to sit in the lobby (where they have several areas for groups to sit) and have a few drinks, UNLESS you purchased them from the hotel or booked a $200 meeting room. Hotel does NOT have a continental breakfast nor did they give out the coupons for guests for a discount on their breakfast. If you are a sports team traveling do NOT stay at this facility.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We stay at Hilton Garden Inn Kimberly at least once a year to visit family. The hotel is spotless, front desk staff are friendly and helpful and my daughter loves the pool. We stayed over Easter weekend and my daughter and I were placed in a room with a connecting door. We could hear every conversation, cough and snore from the other room. We will stay here again, but will request a room without a connecting door next time!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Kimberly for one night. We requested adjoining rooms, but were instead given rooms across the hall from each other. I’m not sure if the hotel has no adjoining rooms, or if they had just already been taken because the hotel was full that night. We were given rooms on the 5th floor. There was a bit of an odor of cigarette smoke in the hallway, and in one of the rooms my allergies acted up badly. The rooms appeared clean and well furnished though. They each had a refrigerator and microwave as is standard for Hilton Garden Inn. All of the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel had a nice indoor pool. The exercise room was a little small, with one bike, one treadmill, a stair-climber, and a universal gym. They did have a sign up that hotel guests were permitted to use the local YMCA though. Due to my Hilton frequent stay status, we were given free bottles of water and breakfast coupons (the breakfast buffet is normally $9.95 otherwise). Breakfast was good, with a wide variety of hot and cold items. Noise wasn’t normally a problem until around 1 am, when for about an hour room doors were banging open and closed. Even one of our room doors needed to be slammed to get it to engage the lock. The hotel is next to a wedding hall, so many wedding parties stay there. Also that night many Green Bay football fans were staying at the hotel. I’m not sure which group was doing the late partying. Overall it was a decent hotel though.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2009

Place was very clean and staff was friendly. High speed internet in rooms, and 2 computers + printers for guest use on 1st floor. Meals, for a charge, were in open foyer next to lobby.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank sea_breaze
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kimberly
Quality Inn & Suites Kimberly
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton
Radisson Paper Valley Hotel
Cambria hotel & suites
Cambria hotel & suites
#6 of 25 in Appleton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton North
Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly? Share your experiences!