“Clean and Confortable”

Coho Motel
Coho Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kewaunee
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Overall a good experience, stayed once night for Packer game.
Pros - Larger than average, clean rooms, fridge, microwave, comfortable beds, great views, cute town convenient to Green Bay and Door County, reasonable prices.
Cons - noise carries, woke up around 1:00 am from arriving guests above. Perhaps the worst in-room coffee I've had, can't use your own coffee, unit has a single serve slide-in drawer.

Room Tip: Tips - get an upper or end room to avoid noise, bring tea bags to avoid the coffee.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KTMKE

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I found this gem in the town of Kewaunee, Wisconsin. Very spacious suites and very reasonable prices. I have never had towels as soft as theirs before in any motel room i have ever stayed at! The rooms were very clean and the back door led out to a view of the Kewaunee River. Drove up to Door County the next day and though we would stay the night up there but decided to go back to Kewaunee and stay another night. The price , location and cleanliness brought us back for another nights stay.... Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Mixed review. Pros: large room, micro and fridge with large "buffet" counter; sofa plus beds; Nice view out rear window/patio.
Cons: no decaf coffee in room brewer; stained bedspreads (dry clean only) makes you wonder when they were cleaned last; tons of rules; neighboring guests took our chairs & table from our patio and we would have asked for them but they were smoking (4 of them) and we couldn't enjoy the patio. Had to keep the window closed because the smoke drifted in; room phone not in working order. We were in Kewaunee for an event and to do genealogy. I would not recommend it for a couples destination. There is NO shopping in this town, with the exception of a great antique mall and the gift shop at the Coho Motel. It is a charter fishing destination for the guys. We paid $96/night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aspen810
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I felt compelled to write a review after reading one that was not so pleasant. The owners of the Coho are one of the kindest people around. Vickie goes out of her way to help with any suggestions and even offering a camp fire for roasting marshmallows with my children and a game of Badminton! My son absolutely loves their dog, Tanner. My family and I have been staying at the Coho since the addition of the two store like condos. We've never felt like it was a place to worry about your belongings...Judge for your self..

Room Tip: Love the 2nd floor view of Kewaunee River
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DonnaM2241
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here and was told by other guests to lock up my stuff because things have been stolen, computers had been broken, and personals had been gone through. I had an encounter with the owner and was literally yelled at because my eight month old daughter had spilled some goldfish crackers on the floor and I couldn't pick up the tiny crumbs put of the carpet. I was also told that there was baby puke everywhere when my daughter had not thrown up at all. They are rude, and do a horrible job cleaning the rooms. The owner is money hungry and completely impersonable. I would suggest a train car, a bridge, a trash can, anywhere else but here. At least you'll know your stuff isn't being stolen and your room isn't being critiqued.

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank Sweetpea41985
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I usually don't stay in motels. They've historically gotten a bad rap over the years I think. However, this motel was a very nice surprise. It was clean and well kept. Our room (room 24)was quiet (except for the room next door flushing the toilet or taking a shower - we could hear that like it was someone in our room doing the same). The staff was very nice and accomodating. The price was very reasonable. I would certianly stay here again and would recommend it to anyone coming to Kewaunee for a visit. The only bummer is that the wifi in our room didn't work. That wasn't a huge deal, so I didn't let the staff know about the problem. It wasn't needed all that much, but a couple times when I wanted to look up something, it would have been nice to have it. If you for sure need to access the internet, don't stay in room 24. Overall though, very nice place.

Room Tip: Room 24 was relatively quiet, but no internet service connection was available in that room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank debm05
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding and found it to be comfortable and convenient. We were in the suite with 2 queens and a small mini fridge and microwave. Wifi worked and the beds were comfy. There are 2 levels of rooms so you will hear upstairs walking but other than that it was super clean.

Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank onelastplace
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kewaunee
Lighthouse Inn Hotel
#2 of 3 in Algoma
Harbor Inn Motel
Harbor Inn Motel
#3 of 3 in Algoma

Been to Coho Motel? Share your experiences!