“So...what was the thing in my coffee? Noisy hotel; horrible restaurant; great fun in the Casino.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Keshena
Menominee Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Keshena
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Where to start...the room was very clean, attractive and very comfortable. The noise level was outrageously loud. The staff in the hotel area of the resort were all very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, our room was close to the corridor entry door and outside our room window was an area where the staff took breaks so we were constantly hearing both doors slam and staff, on break, laughing, talking and carrying on outside our room. No sleep that night. Now to the THING IN MY COFFEE at the restaurant...which brings the lowest rating possible!!! Only 2 people in the restaurant were courteous, pleasant and professional. All others were rude and nasty. The first day we attempted to get a booth at lunchtime. We were told no booths available. When I questioned several open I was told, in a nasty, condescending manner "they are not cleaned so they are NOT EMPTY". I found them to be clean and told the waitress that was "crap and we'll eat elsewhere if you can't ready an already cleaned booth". We left and drove into the city limits to eat. The next morning we tried again and went for breakfast. We were given a booth! I ordered coffee and drank half when I noticed something in the bottom of my cup. I took a spoon and dislodged this thing that looked like raw sausage about an inch in diameter. Close to losing it myself, I requested to see the manager. She was very nice (one of the two I mentioned earlier.) and apologized. Of course, we did not finish or pay for our breakfast. I will never step foot in this restaurant again. The Casino was great fun and the staff is wonderful. Very pleasant and helpful. I will go back to the Casino; I may stay at the hotel but in another room; I WILL NEVER EAT IN THEIR RESTAURANT AGAIN.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room near any doors. Probably better to stay on an upper floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
NE Illinois
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here three nights! At check-in, we were surprised by how many perks are provided because of our extended stay! I believe we got $15/day in gambling money and discounts on our meals! That was a surprise! The staff here are sooo friendly...anyone you pass in the hallway greeted you with a "hello"! The rooms have been updated within the last few years, so they look pretty good...just showing slight signs of wear and tear. We really enjoyed the casino...I enjoyed the free money and sodas! Drinks were VERY reasonable! We had dinner at the restaurant three different times, it was average and we never saw very many people there at one time. We would stay here again for sure! The town of Shawno is very close and has some good restaurants to explore. Also, rafting...which is what our family was there to do!

Room Tip: Our room had very low water pressure (room 215), however, my sister's room (222) had very good p...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed here four nights. We wanted to explore this area of Wisconsin and used this as a base camp because we both smoke and only casinos have smoking rooms. Due to all the road construction it makes for very long times in the car to travel and see the area. The rooms are nice but cramped. Looks like they started with a very standard size hotel and tried to make it more upscale by adding offsets to the walls. These offsets make the room feel to small and make the hallways downrite dagerous. The halls on the top floors are hundreds of feet long, you would never get out in a fire. If you stay here you will pretty much have to eat the food at the casino. Breakfast is $2 per person off so I felt obligated to eat there. By the last morning I told my wife that I would not eat there one more time if they paid me. Its hard to find anybody working there that seems to be very happy. The casino is OK and used our $15 per person perday to leave with a nice win playing vidio poker. The pool is fantastic and they have adults only from 6 am to 8am. My wife and I had the pool to ourselves one morning. I think I would visit again but only for one night. Oh the worst thing is the easy chair its like a torture chair......I get it dont sit gamble. How odvious can you be?

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to a fire exit.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have enjoyed spending a couple of days at the Menominee Casino Resort. The conference rooms are clean, the hotel rooms are spacious and cozy. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends, and look forward to going back

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Our king suite room was wonderful. My son really enjoyed the whirlpool tub, and the king bed and sleeper sofa allowed all three of us to sleep comfortably. I wish that the suite would have had a door that let us close off part of the room. I also had to read the manual that came with the room to find out that the fridge was hidden in the dresser; the fridge was great for keeping our drinks cold. With the blazing hot temperatures, the effective AC was also appreciated.

The service at the restaurant was annoyingly slow; with most of the tables empty, we still had to wait almost ten minutes to be seated, with similar waits for coffee refills. the buffet was not very good, either. The front desk and housekeeping staff, however, were very welcoming and friendly.

The indoor pool is huge and kid-friendly, as a lot of it is just three or four feet deep. There were only a couple of other people there when we were swimming. The adjoining hot tub was very comfortable.

We were in the area to visit family, so we didn't spend a lot of time in the casino. It has a ton of slot machines and free soda and coffee. We got free vouchers every day for staying in the hotel.

Room Tip: Not every corner has an elevator, so if you need one for luggage transport or limited mobility, ask...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KKinsella
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I was completely surprised at the renovation work that the casino has done to the hotel. The rooms look spectacular and give a feeling of elegance while inside. The customer service was fantastic, they have really focused on making their custormers feel comfortable. We had the breakfast buffet and thought that there was a lot offered and very reasonably priced! We look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of their standard non-smoking rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tajan_1
Green Bay
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I aren't gamblers, but we won a free night stay and decided to start our weekend out using our gift card. The room was absolutely beautiful! Very clean, nice ammenities, including mints left for us. :) Loved the fact that the dresser hides the fridge...what a cute and novel idea! We ate in the on site restaurant for the Saturday night Prime Rib buffet and it was ok, nothing outstanding, but ok for a buffet. We did a little gambling, and watched the lounge performance too. We also had their breakfast buffet the next morning and it far outshined dinner, which made a pleasant end to our stay. Wish we would have had time to enjoy the pool...it was very inviting as well!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Singer73170
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keshena
Quality Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Wittenberg Inn
Super 8 Shawano
Super 8 Shawano
#3 of 5 in Shawano

Been to Menominee Casino Resort? Share your experiences!