“HOT dogs!”

Ranked #23 of 255 Restaurants in Kenosha
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Its awesome for quick gressy delicious food! The place is small and welcoming!

Reviewed September 20, 2008

I am a product of the hot dog capital of the world, Chicago, and I spent my first 18 years chowing down on garden dogs. When I ventured over the border to attend Carthage College, I was skeptical of my fellow friends from Chicago who praised this place called Trolley Dogs.

After one bit, I had to go to the counter and ask for a slice of humble pie.

Their dogs are fantastic, they make it just like they would at any Chicago joint. Their dogs remind me of Gene and Judes, or this place called Hey Buds in Brookfield, IL - both rated at one point as top 10 dogs in Chicagoland.

I was also turned on to the "trolley dog" which is a hot dog with a tamale stuffed into the bun - awesome idea!

I highly recommend this place for any displaced Chicagoians or anyone from the great North looking to try a real Chicago style dog.

Reviewed April 26, 2008

When my fiance and I chose to move to Kenosha, he was excited to see a hotdog place just a couple of blocks away from our prospective apartment. We ate there for lunch, and had a great experience.

It's a small place, but serves excellent Chicago style dogs with all the requisite trimmings: a beef dog, mustard, radioactively green relish, tomatoes, cucumber, pickle and celery salt on a poppy-seed bun. I had a regular Chicago dog, and he had a chili-cheese dog (his favorite measure of a hotdog place's quality.) Both were fantastic, and, to our surprise, came wrapped with a good quantity of perfectly salted fresh-cut fries. As we had also ordered chili-cheese fries, we had more than we could eat. We did our best, though.

Trolley Dogs is a relatively small restaurant, with booth-style seating and fountain drinks. They also have restrooms (I didn't use them, so I don't know how well-cared for they are) and a Lord of the Rings pinball game, as well as another arcade game (I don't remember what).

Overall, a very good hotdog place offering authentic Chicago-style dogs, great fries, and very reasonable prices.

1  Thank Elwen