“Love the place”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
“Love the place”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

ive been going to Trolley Dogs for almost ten years. always a great atmosphere and food. Thank you for great service and THE PINBALL MACHINE! Next door is Sandys poppers, don't forget the cheese popcorn

• Visited April 2013

Pleasant Prairie
“Must visit while in Kenosha!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Trolley Dogs is one of our family's favorite go to restaurants. We frequent this family friendly location 1-2 times/week. The staff will make you feel like you're part of the Trolley Dog family. My husband and I go there weekly for our lunch date. Our children also enjoy going in to see Mr. Trolley Dog! Our favorite is the #5 Italian Sausage Combo.

• Visited April 2013
Toms River, New Jersey
“Disgusted place”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I went there on a sunday morning, the place was disgusted with flies... the food is not good. I had to use wipes before touching anything... I was afraid my kids would get sick... We will never go back.

Visited September 2012
TrolleyDogs, Owner at Trolley Dogs, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Wow sorry you were so dissapointed. I am adressing the cleanliness issue with staffing. I do believe there were a couple of days when I didn't have enough people working to keep up with get to the tables. Starting now we have one person dedicated to prep and cleaning (getting ready for summer). If you would like to call and give me specific suggestions my cell is 773-485-8663. For your input I would like to give you a $10 gift certificate for any other place downtown . Feel free to contact me anytime. Thank you and sorry again, I do understand that with the way times are if you choose to spend money at a place you deserve a great experience. -Joe Catuara
“Good, cheap eats”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Its nice to have a place with quick food downtown. The menu is simple and service is quick. I love the beef dogs they use. I usually like mine wrapped in bacon with pickles and mayo. My husbands favorite is the "Trolley Dog" which is a dog and a tamale together. I was disappointed they have Italian Sausage and Polish Sausage but no brats. You'd think in Wisconsin and having all the other sausages you'd have brats! I also wish they had slaw for the dogs- they have alot of other toppings but no slaw. I want to try the Italian Beef next time.
My biggest complaint and this has been from a few visits now so it isnt a fluke- is the fries are NOT good. They are usually luke warm, limp, and mealy. I like mine hot- crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Next time I will get the dog and chips instead. I guess most kids will eat fries no matter what they taste like or if they are smothered in cheese and chili.
I do like the decor- its cute for such a small place.

• Visited March 2013
TrolleyDogs, Owner at Trolley Dogs, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for the review. I will address the issue with the fries, I have been talking with the people at GFS about the oil so this may also take care of some issues. You can also ask for the crispy and we leave them in a few minutes longer. - Joe
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Great, local joint; good value.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Trolley Dogs is a great option for families looking for a fast-food alternative to the chain options. We were able to feed our party of four for $10 by splitting two ample combo meals. The owner was working the counter; he's a bit eccentric and definitely makes an impression, but he takes pride in his work and wants everyone to feel like a regular. He made a quick, adorable balloon animal for our 3-year-old on the way out; totally made her day. Good food, good value, cute, basic downtown storefront location. A great stop for families. We'll be back!

• Visited March 2013