“It's ok for the price”

Value Inn - Kenosha
Value Inn - Kenosha
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

From what I can remember it was just ok it seems like they could do a better maitnence of fixing things like door locks and a little better cleaning but it's a ok price also! And if you looking just for a simple motel with fridge microwave at a lower price

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kgrandow

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night, the first room we were in looked clean at a glance but when we pulled back the blanket on the bed it was horrible!! We found a big dead roach on the pillow, we then called the front desk and they garunteed us that the room had no roaches and it must of came in from outside then she brought us a new pillow. A couple hours later I was ready to go to bed and pulled back the blanket on the other side of the bed and there were 4-5 roaches crawling on the bed. So the staff had to put us in another room, when we got to the other room the staff said it was a way better room and it shouldnt have anymore roach problems, we then checked the beds and did not notice any roaches so we went to sleep, by then it was 3am. Around 415am my wife jumped up screaming it was a roach crawling on her leg! We then pulled off all the sheets including the fitted sheet and there were ALOT of roaches inbedded and crawling on the mattress. The staff is very nice and helpful but this place has a very bad roach problem. Also the side of the box spring mattress looked liked it had old blood stains on it. Would be a great value if it was a clean comfortable room.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank DeeJay2020
Dirk S, General Manager at Value Inn - Kenosha, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thanks for submitting your first review!
I apologize for the less than satisfactory experience you encountered. Upon investigation, your room had a few boxelder bugs; not roaches. Our motel has never encountered a problem with cockroaches with our monthly exterminator contract.
Boxelder bugs will seasonally seek warmer climates as the weather cools off. They can enter rooms if/when doors are left open. They derive from ash and maple trees, which our property has.
These bugs are harmless, but we will direct our exterminator to remove them from your respective room.
I hope this sheds some light on your experience. Please contact me at your convenience and I can set you up with a complimentary room to induce you to give us another try.
Thanks again and thank you for choosing Value Inn Motels!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Visited the Renaissance Fair and Brat Stop while visiting friends in the area. Needed an inexpensive economy hotel.
Outside looked a little rough, but inside room was nice. Had free wireless and microfridge in room. Room was very comfortable and looks recently renovated. Staff was good source for directions. Not a chain-appears to be locally-owned. No issues!
Will definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dirk S
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This place is a dump! Our room was horrible. We walked in & it smelled like BO & smoke. The bathroom was gross. needed to be swept & washed. Bath tub was NOT clean. Carpet in room needed to be cleaned or at least a good vac. Beds were dirty. I think all they did was make the beds after whoever stayed in the room before us. I do not believe they changed the sheets. I just took them off the bed & we slept on our own blankets. Good thing we were going to Country Thunder & had Blankets with us. The AC was loud & did not work well. I do not recommend staying here. I guess it really is true. "You get what you pay for."

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank D G
Dirk S, General Manager at Value Inn - Kenosha, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback regarding your stay with us. I apologize for the less than satisfactory stay you encountered, but, unfortunately, this is the first myself or any other employee has heard regarding your dissatisfaction. If you shared your concerns with one of our employees, please advise on who you spoke with.

As I begin to investigate your concerns, please contact me at your earliest convenience in order to resolve your claims. I can be reached directly at 414-761-3807 or valueinns@yahoo.com.

Also, being your first review, I want to welcome you to TripAdvisor for business. As your review shows, this is a valuable tool for resolving positive and negative feedback within the hospitality industry. I look forward to speaking you soon.

Value Inn Motels

Reviewed May 22, 2012

While $50.00 a night is a great deal. I would never stay there again. I cannot be positive but several weeks after staying there I was diagnosed with scavies. This is the only placed I traveled to up to 6 weeks prior. The rooms were not cleaned well. You can tell they have not updated anything in the past 40 years. Staff was very nice. If you have ever had scavies you know that you would not wish that on your worse enemy so Im not taking the chance again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank myopinionWisconsin
Dirk S, General Manager at Value Inn - Kenosha, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

I apologize for your less than satisfactory experience regarding your stay with us. Unfortunately, this is the first I, or any other employee, am hearing of your dissatisfaction. In order to address your concern(s), please contact me at your earliest convenience. This will enable me to review the specifics of your claims.
I can be reached directly at: 414-761-3807
Thank you, in advance, for your feedback.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

It was terrible! Our 1st room was really dirty! There was hair all over the place. In the bathroom, on the floor, and in our beds. Then we asked if we could move to another room. They did but when we got in there it smelled really bad and there was a towel lodged between a bed and the wall! Not only this but there are gaps between the doors and windows that are pretty large, and the paint is peeling of the wall in some places.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Football63
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We were on a budget so I guess the name Value drew us in. Sometimes this can be scary, however we were pleasantly surprised. All we wanted was a clean comfortable room with the peace of mind of being safe. Thank You to the staff who helped us..

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank BoxerOT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenosha
Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie
#4 of 8 in Kenosha
Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha
Best Western Executive Inn
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Kenosha, WI

Been to Value Inn - Kenosha? Share your experiences!