“I think it took a turn for the worse”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Twisted Cuisine

Twisted Cuisine
Ranked #36 of 250 Restaurants in Kenosha
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Twisted Cuisine we offer a casual gourmet dining experience - with a Twist. Our menu includes playful ingredients, and our restaurant is a culinary adventure. Don't worry - we're all family here, so come in your jeans or your best dress! We won't judge you, we just want to provide you with an exceptional meal in a relaxed atmosphere. Watch for our seasonal menu changes, special events and wine tastings, and our Twisted weekend specials!
Union Grove, Wisconsin
“I think it took a turn for the worse”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This has always been a favorite since it opened. We have never had a bad experience here until 11/9/2012.
From the time we sat down and met our waiter to being served our entree's was approx 10 min. We both ordered a martini and a beer. The martini's were so strong they were hard to drink. We have had martini's there many times and they were great, not this time.
Our entree's were served halfway through soup and salad. We ordered the stuffed halibut and the lake perch. Both order's were paired with twice baked potato's. Both entree's were served at room temp. The cream cheese and shrimp stuffing in the halibut was cold and coagulated. The perch was way over done and then microwaved to a rubbery goodness.
The quality of the food declined sharply since our last visit. It was on par with any family restaurant you would find. Pre made food that is microwaved when ordered. I almost forgot this one the clam chowder was a 3 out of 10. Chunky clam chowder would have been an upgrade.

It is really a shame I really like going there but I refuse to pay $90 for premade mircrowave food.

I think to be fair we will give them one more chance. It may help if the owners spent less time behind the bar getting drunk and payed attention to whats going on as the business goes down the toilet. I did over hear the wait staff comment on how dead it has been there lately. I can now see why. I hope they dont lose the place it use to be great.

• Visited November 2012

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great food”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

A little pricy, but worth it. Seating is a little short of space though. It's nice to support local businesses

Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
“Great place”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a small but great place. It is a little pricey but well worth every penny. We had a steak and I have to say it was one of the better steaks I have ever had.

Montreal, Canada
“Nice little place, very good meal !”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Was there recently, small place, not much parking. Decor is a little eclectic, and that suits the place. Staff was very nice. Had the fried ravioli with sundried tomato cream sauce...there was some other vegetable in the sauce, but I forget what it was...I really enjoyed the plate ! Shared the steak tartare & crispy alligator with friends as appetizers... also very good ! Prices were reasonable. Will definitely visit again.

• Visited August 2012
Cary, North Carolina
“Mediocre experience followed by a bad experience followed by yet another mediocre experience.”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The first time we came here for dinner it was actually pretty tasty. The second time, we returned because we had gotten a gift card for Christmas. Our waiter seemed nice enough, but got worse as the dinner went on. He left our drinks unfilled twice. We were given bread plates when we sat, but received no bread whatsoever. My husband ordered sweet potato fries only to get a baked sweet potato. When he mentioned it to the waiter, he let us know "Well, we are out of sweet potato fries. Sorry." Well.... why wasn't my husband informed of this? He would have chosen something different. My 16 oz pork had a solid inch or more of completely chewy pink, while the outside and bacon were charred. The green beans were the only veggie available...tiny, tasteless strings. We waited about 10-15 minutes for him to get us our check... because he was apparently eating as we noticed as we walked to the front to pay.

In May, after discussing our displeasure with an employee of the restaurant, he mentioned it to the owner who gave us a $25 gift cert to try again. Very nice of her. She also said to let us know who we were when we came. Uhhh...so you can put on a show rather than have us anonymously retry your restaurant? The server was a girl I believe named Sam and she was good. Attentive and thorough. The food was pretty good, but we won't return.

I would suggest saving your 60 bucks and going to Wine Knot, which I tried last week and was thoroughly impressed by, or Sazzy B's. Twisted will most likely not live up to the hype you have heard. It certainly disappointed us.

• Visited May 2012