“SOON'S IS YUMMY”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean, Seafood
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“SOON'S IS YUMMY”
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I adore this tiny family place... come as you are and sit a while. The food is hand crafted so it takes a while to prepare so enjoy a couple courses. I love the squid salad to begin and a little miso soup. I then will get a Kenosha roll or a Wisconsin roll for my main course. The food is wonderful and Soon, along with her husband Bob are just fantastic !!

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank joshinkenowi78

Kenosha, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Favorite Sushi Restaurant”
Reviewed May 2, 2010

This restaurant is my favorite! I've been to many sushi places and Soon's is the best by far. You must try her spicy tuna hand rolls - her recipe is fantastic. It's a great place and the owners, Soon and Bob, make you feel very welcome.

1 Thank sly1380
Wisconsin
“Soons is fresh and delicious and friendly”
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Soons is a gem of a restaurant in Kenosha. My family has eaten here many times over the past few years. The sushi is always fresh and the service is always friendly. Bob and Soon make every visit a personalized one because they treat customers like they are important to them. They are kind to my kids. You can eat at Soons by yourself and not feel alone, because everyone is so welcoming.

It's not a fancy restaurant, but you could dress up if you were going to a play afterwards, or be more casual and not feel over or under dressed, either way.

I love the squid salad and all of their specialty rolls. I usually also order the house roll which is a spicy tuna. The ginger dressing on the green salad is bright and delicious. My 8 year old raves about the shrimp tempura roll. My husband sticks to the regular sushi. My kids all like the Udon Noodle soups and the various chicken dishes. You get large portions at a reasonable price.

I went to Honada on a few occasions. The first few times when they first opened were good, but then I got old sushi three different visits in row. So then I stopped going. Soons has only served me fresh sushi and I have been there a lot.

2 Thank MommyDoodles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is a wonderful "mom & pop" type...”
Reviewed April 2, 2010

This is a wonderful "mom & pop" type sushi place. I've been going here ever since I relocated from the east coast. Some may be put off by it's hole-in-the-wall atmosphere, but the food is 5 star. Nice relaxed atmosphere. Do not go of you're in hurry - relax and enjoy the meal.

gurnee
“Best for the Sushi lovers”
Reviewed February 10, 2010

This small yet cozy restaurant is our first stop to go whenever me&husband craving for good sushi. Dragon roll and California roll are some of "the must try" list. Also challenge yourself by trying their Red Spicy roll, it's excellent!!. The Sushi always come with a nice touch of decoration to our table. The price is reasonable and the service is good. Mrs. Soon always has time to say hi to her customer.
In short, we'll keep Soon's Sushi in our fave restaurant's list.