“Nice Building - Not So Friendly Hostess”

Fireside Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #153 of 249 Restaurants in Kenosha
Cuisines: Pizza
Sarasota, Florida
“Nice Building – Not So Friendly Hostess”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have been to the Fireside for many occasions; Dinner, Fish Fry, Wedding Anniversary Parties, Family get-togethers, Condo Meetings and to just pick-up a carry out pizzas.

The Fireside has a nice building, inviting fireplace, banquet hall to rent, nice lounge area and a variety of seating options.

In all of my visits to the Fireside, the food is OK to Good. The Cod fish fry is like it is right off the Sysco truck. The drinks in the lounge are good and the staff is friendly.

My biggest problem at the Fireside is with the Hostess Lady. I have never seen her smile or heard a pleasant word from her. I have also had this lady wait on our table; you get the feeling that you are an inconvenience to her. If you choose to go here and see a lady with a big frown on her face… you found her!

I try my best to avoid going to the Fireside, but circumstances beyond my control, keeps me going back there.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Silver-Ingot

Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Fireside is Warm & Friendly”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Fireside Restaurant & Lounge in Kenosha Wi is our favorite local restaurant! Whether you are looking for soup and sandwich or prime rib and lobster,or a Pizza Pocket, the Fireside has it all!

The Staff is very friendly and helpful,and the prices are very reasonable with daily luncheon specials.

We"ve never been disappointed, even after having our Thanksgiving, or Easter dinner there!

• Visited March 2013
“Classic delicious food”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We eat here frequently as it is close to our home and has a variety of food to make the three of us happy. My absolute go-to meal is the prime rib. The bark on the outside is wonderfully flavored and I like mine med-rare and they always give me the correct piece. Gotta have the au jus and creamy horseradish sauce with it! I am classic and love it with a simple baked potato and its always perfect(I have had crappy ones elsewhere believe me!)
My hubby loves steaks here and the garlic noodles but he swears the pizza turnovers are the best- we have also ordered the pizza for take out and were pleasantly surpised!
Our daughter is the adventerous one and loves the specials they sometimes have like frogs legs and escargot but she usually gets the fried shrimp and loves the soups- French Onion the best.
The decor is so outdated and it is a tad dark but we still love the classic supper club vibe. Our waitress on Valentine's day was great- even though they were super busy she took good care of us- she even sliced a fresh lemon for my water for me (someplaces lemons look old and germy- eew)

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank stephers26
Kenosha
“Worst Dining Experience Ever!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had an important birthday celebration with a group of 22 that we wanted to celebrate in a special place. We reserved the room three weeks in advance. We were assigned ONE waitress. It took 1-1/2 hours to get our salads and then another 35 minutes before we actually received our entrees. The last person to finally receive his meal because they 'lost' it waited over two hours for what turned out to be a dried-up piece of cold fish. The poor waitress was embarrassed and over-worked. The food was less than mediocre, greasy potatos, desicated t-bone steaks, partially uncooked broasted chicken, oily, rancid dressing. When it came time to pay, several people reported errors on their tabs. One bill which came to just over $30, was billed as $75. In addition to the bad service a large gratuity was added to each check. When we asked the manager about a discount for the long wait and bad food, we received a 10% DISCOUNT on already inflated checks. The management was given an opportunity to redeem itself and it failed miserably. When we asked why we had had such bad service and the long wait, we were told it was because no one had given the group a limited menu and it was Valentine's Day. This was one of the worst dining experiences I've ever had. Unfortunately because the management did nothing in terms of Service Recovery, they lost the business of 11 couples who will certainly pass news of this bad experience on to their friends. We all work for a very large company in the Kenosha area who often books parties and other meeting events at local area businesses. This was our first time at the Fireside. It was also our last..

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank M C
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Fireside continues to try and keep up with the upcoming new eateries, but their food still is the same old average as it always has been. The service and bar are fine, its the sauce that sometimes tastes burnt or the Itailian dishes don't taste fresh. I've tried all their steaks and don't see why people pay this much for something I've complained about everytime. Thier specials are my suggestion. Jimmy in the kitchen takes pride in these and it shows. Soups are so-so and salads are small. Been good to bad last three times their. I recommend the pizza. Enjoy!

Visited July 2012