“A classic !!!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“A classic !!!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The best fried perch in the world !!!
I've been to a lot of fish frys and this is the best !!
All the other food is GREAT too !!!

Visited April 2012

Kenosha, Wisconsin
“One of the city's best.”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

One of my favorite places to go for a steak. great food and service, and they make a pretty good old fashioned, as well.

Kenosha, WI
“Over rated and over priced”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

A group of 20 people went. We did have reservations. There twice backed potato was a plain baked potato with chees whiz on it. I believe there was an extra charge for the potato. I had carrots. They were dried out and over cooked. I had Shrimp DeJonge. There were four little shrimp split open in a bed of bread crumbs. It was $16.95. I could have had the Shrimp cocktail appitizer with more Shrimp and cheaper. The people that had steak said that it was tasteless and they had to add a boat load of salt to the meal. The Talipia fish looked like it came out of a frozen package. There were two little pieces on the plate next to be. The two waitress's appeared to be in disaray. Been there, did it and will not return.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank wackedout
Somers, Wisconsin
“Great Food Great Prices, Good Service OK Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

My wife an I stopped in to this Kenosha landmark for a meal one night. The Bartley House has been know to be a nice steakhouse in Kenosha ever since I was a child.
My wife and I were there on a Thursday night an the place was...surprisingly full. It's not in the best part of town, but the restaurant had a security guard keeping an eye on things in the parking lot, while he helped people park.....I thought that was a nice first impression. Once we walked into the restaurant I felt like we entered a time machine and were now in the 60's. The place truelove needs some updating to the decor. With that said...we were impressed by our server and VERY impressed by the pricing. A decent bottle of Merlot was only $24 and the prices for their entrees were quite reasonable.
I chose a filet and my wife had a tilapia filet. Both entrees were well prepared and served with a side of twice baked potatoes.
Overall, this place is worth a trip if you want a nice meal, at a good price, but don't mind a lack of ambiance. We will probably be back a couple times a year.

• Visited October 2011

Been to Bartley House? Share your experiences!