“Great Food Great Prices, Good Service OK Atmosphere”
Review of Bartley House

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2011

My wife an I stopped in to this Kenosha landmark for a meal one night. The Bartley House has been know to be a nice steakhouse in Kenosha ever since I was a child.
My wife and I were there on a Thursday night an the place was...surprisingly full. It's not in the best part of town, but the restaurant had a security guard keeping an eye on things in the parking lot, while he helped people park.....I thought that was a nice first impression. Once we walked into the restaurant I felt like we entered a time machine and were now in the 60's. The place truelove needs some updating to the decor. With that said...we were impressed by our server and VERY impressed by the pricing. A decent bottle of Merlot was only $24 and the prices for their entrees were quite reasonable.
I chose a filet and my wife had a tilapia filet. Both entrees were well prepared and served with a side of twice baked potatoes.
Overall, this place is worth a trip if you want a nice meal, at a good price, but don't mind a lack of ambiance. We will probably be back a couple times a year.