“A new find for us.”

La Fogata Mexican Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
La Fogata Mexican Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 250 Restaurants in Kenosha
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Just ran across this restaurant when some friends wanted to meet here for lunch. I said I will pass having eaten at the former Mexican business there. They it has changed owners, so we went. First, the service was excellent. Never had to ask for refills, even had to tell the waitress no more iced tea. The salsa is the kind made with roasted tomatoes. Very good! Food was excellent and served hot. I had the tacos pastor. Having eaten them all over the place, including Mexico, I can say they were some of the best I have eaten. I will say they do have somewhat of a limited menu. Will definitely try this place for dinner with a few Margaritas. We'll be back.

There are newer reviews for La Fogata Mexican Grill

Reviewed June 30, 2012

My family and I have been going to La Fogata since it opened. It was fabulous for the first year and the service was always excellent. The last three times have been so disappointing. We used to call this "OUR" place to eat. After 3 times in a row of bad service we definatly wont be coming back. Our service with Hannah today was all we could take. I wish the owners could hire people that actually put a smile on there face and not treat you like you were bothering them when you ask them for something. She was terrible.
The food has been so bland, i have tried something differant in hopes of a good meal, and again no taste at all. I know the owners just opened up a new restaurant in Burlington. I think they took there best staff with them to get that off the ground. How unfortunate. You have to be consistant to keep my business, La Fogata has definatly declined fast. Three strikes and your out.

3  Thank certlmn
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This restaurant is fabulous. I am from the Louisiana/Texas border area so I have had my fair share of excellent mexican and was SO disappointed in El Sarape (which people raved about...awkward.) But anyway, I had the chimichangas which were delicious and had a great flavor. This restaurant is less tex mex as I know it..more classy and western (like Arizona/Cali) in a way. The salsas were great, and I have heard only high reviews about the killer margaritas, but didn't try one. I will never be sad to have moved away from all the good mexican food because I can now get it here at La Fogata. Try it, and you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank laurenh147
Reviewed December 20, 2011

La Fogata has a nice, classier interior than most Mexican restaurants. Chips and salsa (complimentary) came out quickly and although they just brought out a red salsa for me initially the waitress offered up a couple of verde salsas later and all of them were excellent. I was eating by myself so I had a ridiculous quantity of chips all to myself and the delicious salsa definitely tempted me into eating far too many.

Overall the menu had all the typical options but with tastier meat options than you get at most non-taquerias (barbacoa, tinga, carnitas, etc). I find it difficult to order anything but mole the first time I go to a restaurant and La Fogata’s definitely was one of the best I’ve had, and was probably better than any mole I had in Cozumel when I was there earlier this year. The mole tasted fresh and had a great chile flavor to it, and the chicken tinga filling was great as well. The rice and beans were all slightly better than average, which is really as good as it gets at Mexican restaurants unfortunately.

The only complaint I had about my meal was the margarita; I got the medium house margarita and although it was tasty it was a little weak and unless I'm in downtown Chicago I expect a $6.50 margarita to be bigger or stronger, or to have higher quality alcohol in it.

Erika was my server and she was friendly, quick, and attentive which isn’t particularly common at a Mexican restaurant, or when you’re dining by yourself.

La Fogata is definitely nicer and better than most Mexican restaurants but the price isn’t noticeably higher, so why go anywhere else? I was traveling for work and only had one more night in town and I even considered eating there two days in a row so I could try something else on the menu.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

This was my first time eating here and I have to say I was impressed with the service and friendly staff. The food however left something to be desired. I had a chopped revolution salad and the others had guacamole with chips and tacos (pork and beef). The salad was served with a jalapeno ranch dressing which really didn't even have a ranch flavor let alone taste like jalapeno, lettuce was mainly iceberg, and barely any cheese. Overall edible but not what I like in mexican food. The chicken on the salad was tender but again not much flavor. The others said the guacamole was good but ended up throwing the tacos out. Friend said they were the worse she had ever had. I do want to try the margarita's though as I've heard they are good. So maybe a good place for drinks but there are definately better and cheaper mexican restaurants in town.