“I love this place”
Review of Mars Cheese Castle

Mars Cheese Castle
Ranked #1 of 28 Nightlife in Kenosha
More attraction details
Owner description: Mars Cheese Castle is a family owned Wisconsin staple and grown tour attraction situated on I-94 between Milwaukee and Chicago. It is a castle that houses many departments including a specialty market offering more than 700 cheeses, wines and specialty items from Wisconsin and around the world, an in house bakery featuring desserts, kringles and breads (famous for its cheese and jalapeno cheese bread) baked daily, a restaurant popular for its many generously portioned cheese & meat sandwiches and featured burger and sandwiches of the month and a pub, well known for it's Wisconsin beers on tap and famous Bloody Mary (don't forget the beer chaser, a Wisconsin tradition!). Don't forget to pick up a souvenir in the gift shop on your way out!
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This place has great memories for me from when my husband was alive. I love Lisa, the bartender. She is just a delightful person and I was so happy to find her still there when I drove up from Chicago for my mil's funeral. Of course, we bought lunch and plenty of treats as well. The location has changed slightly due to road construction and getting on and off is not really too convenient, but worth it.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Wide selection of Cheeses, Wines and imported chocolates. Really enjoyed just browsing around. Even has a liquor bar and a food court area with some of the best hand dipped ice creme, you will ever eat. Fun place no to be missed right on I-94.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Cheese and other unique types of food. Easy to take with you if you are traveling. Good sandwiches and a fun place to see. You won't be able to leave w/o some goodies.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Some work friends drove up from Chicago with me to check out the Castle we had seen previouly while passing by. We were a bit disappointed with the stinginess of the cheese samples having had a great experience at a location in Milwaukee. One of the guys and I decided to give it a second try. The employees were more than gracious at explaining and the differences, sharing samples, and making suggestions. We then ventured over to the bakery section and found the same. The selections of many items were outstanding. The employees were friendly and knowledgeable, and in the end the experience was so good, we all walked out with our share of what we liked. If you tried it once and are not sure if you should go back, go back. If you haven't tried it, go in. You will be amazed at the selections.

1  Thank Donald W
Reviewed November 29, 2013

First off, getting to it from the highway is a bit confusing. Once you get there, it's basically a grocery store with a couple cheese/cow related souvenirs for sale. Most of the stuff is overpriced and a typical local supermarket offers similar products for less. The castle/cheese theme is present, but not to the grade to be an attraction. So it's ok to stop by if you need something, but not worth a special trip.

2  Thank heckfy