“Sticker shock”
Review of Mars Cheese Castle

Mars Cheese Castle
Ranked #1 of 28 Nightlife in Kenosha
More attraction details
Owner description: Mars Cheese Castle is a family owned Wisconsin staple and grown tour attraction situated on I-94 between Milwaukee and Chicago. It is a castle that houses many departments including a specialty market offering more than 700 cheeses, wines and specialty items from Wisconsin and around the world, an in house bakery featuring desserts, kringles and breads (famous for its cheese and jalapeno cheese bread) baked daily, a restaurant popular for its many generously portioned cheese & meat sandwiches and featured burger and sandwiches of the month and a pub, well known for it's Wisconsin beers on tap and famous Bloody Mary (don't forget the beer chaser, a Wisconsin tradition!). Don't forget to pick up a souvenir in the gift shop on your way out!
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I first visited this place many years ago. My clear impression was that it was an overpriced tourist trap, shamelessly ripping off well-intentioned visitors to Wisconsin. But all these years later, as I drove along the expressway, curiosity got the better of me. So we stopped.

It's unquestionably bigger, and there's a lot more to buy. But does everything have to be that expensive? If you're in Wisconsin, where cheese is king, does *cheese* have to be that expensive? My impression on this most recent trip: an overpriced tourist trap. Sound familiar?

Reviewed July 1, 2013

They have the best selection of cheese you will ever find. From imports to made in WI. The general manager Mike is a great help and knows his stuff. They have a younger girl and is not as knowlegable. She gave me some really off info. I think it started with an H. Hannah or Holly something like that. But you must go and visit. Ask what day they get fresh cheese curds too. Those beat any they have in the cooler and are just cheese if not fresh and in the bin not in cooler

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Like 95% of the reason that this place is great is because it is a castle of cheese. I mean come on, how could we not stop here when I found out that there was a CHEESE CASTLE!!!! They sell a wide selection of cheese, some local, a lot of lower end. They did have some amazing cheese, there is a aged hard gouda from Holland that is amazing. You can get it in quite a few places, so that wasn't really special, but it shows the range that they offer. There is a restaurant in there too. We didn't do that, just t-shirts and a shopping basket of cheese.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great store to pick up a variety of cheeses and they have a lot of other foods products. They have a large selection of beer and wine, also. We bought some excellent cheese bread from their bakery. We have been here a few times and it's always a fun stop.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is the third time we stopped here, but found they had built a new building, I miss the older building as it had a bit more of a friendly atmosphere, still neat though to stop by, we always stop to get some butterscotch rootbeer.