“Everything your looking for”
Review of Sazzy B

Sazzy B
Ranked #3 of 250 Restaurants in Kenosha
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A great restaurant offering big city atmosphere and quality in the heart of downtown Kenosha
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I brought my girlfriend and visiting father from Michigan here to eat one Friday night and it was packed. I thought, great, well have to wait a while and end up leaving. Well let me tell you, we decided to stay and enjoyed amazing martinis at the bar (only one mind you) and were swept away to our seats. Our servers name was Emily and she informed us that the chef had created a wonderful stuffed mahi mahi for the night over a seafood rizzoto. Wow! Her father told me that it was an amazing place to choose and that this is where he would like to eat next time he comes to town. Thank you for an amazing time and yes, we will be back!

4  Thank erock1029

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Stopped in here for martinis on a Saturday night with a friend, we were seated right at the bar. I did feel like the entire place turned and looked at us when we entered though. They have an okay selection of speciality martinis and the bartenders are knowledgable enough to make one that's not listed.

The live jazz music was great, the musicians were interacting with the crowd and keeping it fun.

The one thing that happened that really turned me off about this place was that a couple came in and took the table closest to the door and the bartender asked them if they were lost. They were obviously not dressed like the rest of the yuppies in the bar, dressed in more of a biker bar type apparel, but I thought that was very rude. Establishments are allowed to have dress codes and these people were not breaking any of them, so what if they didn't look like everyone else in the bar, maybe they just liked jazz music. I will never go back to this bar, judging people like that is just not my thing.

2  Thank SaraJane110
Riki O, Manager at Sazzy B, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

This is concerning, and surprising. At Sazzy be we welcome an extrememly diverse clientele which changes from night to night depending on our offered discounts and choice of band for the evening. Although we try to offer an atmosphere that stands above other offerings in the city, we like to keep it fresh and different every weekend. In fact some of our best, and regular customers are bikers. In a few weeks we feature a bad called "Accoustic Soul" and the place will be full of bandanas and businessmen alike. I appologize for who ever presented the opinon that we have a "type" of customer and hope you will be back to give us another try.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Excellent ambiance, first-rate food, second-to-none service... Want more? How about a variety of drink specials all week (my favorite is Wino Wednesday - half-price wine and $10 pasta bowls), a variety of outstanding live entertainment and deliciously informative wine tastings every month? Sazzy's is a great place to relax with friends, cozy up for a romantic date or just enjoy the company of your fellow patrons and patronettes in an informally upscale setting. A real gem in downtown Kenosha!

6  Thank LiveToRideFree
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Sazzy B is a great place to relax, have a drink, enjoy good food and good music. The menu changes seasonally. It has something for everyone. Great service is provided by an attentive (but, not hovering) wait staff everytime we visit.

Check out any of the live music nights. The music addes to the overall experience.

1  Thank AnonymousVegeterian
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Sazzy B's is a perfect place for any type of social gathering! My boyfriend and I dined at Sazzy B's for our first date which turned out amazing. We began with the cheese fondue and tomato & goat cheese salad (so crisp and fresh!). For our entrees, I had the bourbon salmon and my boyfriend had the steak of the day... Even though we were stuffed, we ordered a slice of the cheesecake(our waitress informed us that the desserts are homemade).
Our date turned out great! Thanks Sazzy B's...you're officially our favorite Kenosha restaurant.

3  Thank Mebo003