“Rare local operation that keeps growing like topsy and attracting drivers in the Chicago-Milwaukee corridor.”
Review of Brat Stop

Brat Stop
Ranked #11 of 250 Restaurants in Kenosha
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you thought MacDonalds and Applebees and Oliver Garden had taken over mid-scale restauranting, think again. The Brat Stop is everybody's favorite meeting place. Lots of souvenirs from Wiscosnin, occasionally live music, but abofe all a Brat (red or white) plus sauerkraut topping and a draft of Milwaukee's finest is the ticket to maximum enjoyment at this stop.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Just not what I thought it would be after living near it for decades and finally getting in there to have a brat - I expected something like I have at home, only better. Oh well.

1  Thank nbuch4242
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had always loved the Brat stop growing up, but was very disappointed when taking my family there last week. Even-though smoking is no longer allowed in WI, the 30+ years of stale smoke still permeates the walls. We sat down and waitress took our drink order, I asked if they had Coke or Pepsi products and she said both. I ordered a Mountain Dew and she came back with a can. I opened the menu and found that I had just ordered a $2.25 can of soda with no refills! Looking over the menu (and we had lots of time to do so as our waitress never came back) I could not believe the prices (about $10 for a brat). The smoky smell and the wait finally got to us so we left. The brats may still be fantastic, but I didn't get the chance the try, just wasn't worth the headache and $$$.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been going here for decades -- pretty much any time I am in the area. The only things that have really changed over time are expansion of the space and increase in the prices. The food remains the same (great) as does the atmosphere (classic road house). I just love this place. I have never been there on a night when there is music, so I cannot vouch for the atmosphere then, but for lunch it can't be beat.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I didn't eat, but the menu looked good. Sandwiches, fries and of course brats. This is an awesome concert venue. It's small but not too small. There are many areas in the bar where you can catch an awesome view of the band. The drinks in the smoking bar were cheaper than the main bar for some reason. I will be back again and look forward to another concert here.

1  Thank germangirl25