“One of My Favorite Places”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brat Stop

Brat Stop
Ranked #13 of 250 Restaurants in Kenosha
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, German
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“One of My Favorite Places”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been going here for decades -- pretty much any time I am in the area. The only things that have really changed over time are expansion of the space and increase in the prices. The food remains the same (great) as does the atmosphere (classic road house). I just love this place. I have never been there on a night when there is music, so I cannot vouch for the atmosphere then, but for lunch it can't be beat.

• Visited November 2012

Wisconsin
“Brat stop is an excellent concert venue”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I didn't eat, but the menu looked good. Sandwiches, fries and of course brats. This is an awesome concert venue. It's small but not too small. There are many areas in the bar where you can catch an awesome view of the band. The drinks in the smoking bar were cheaper than the main bar for some reason. I will be back again and look forward to another concert here.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank germangirl25
Clearwater, Florida
“One Bad Apple CAN Spoil the Whole Bunch!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I'm going to try to keep this brief. I visited the Brat Stop for the very first time last weekend. Officially I was there to see the band Tallulah Who (they were fabulous as usual). The place was jam packed by the time the opening band started.
As you may know by now, I put great emphasis on service. It can make or break a business. Whereas the bartenders JAIME and LIZ where flawless and the wait staff performed admirably, there was one majorly bad apple in the bunch.
The bartender named RON.
I've been to hundred of bars and restaurants and without a doubt this man is the most outwardly rude individual I have ever encountered in the hospitality business.
This guy was not just rude but lazy and walked around aimlessly (which made the others have to work twice as hard) with a look on his face like he wanted to be anywhere else. Perhaps RON should go do something he enjoys and let someone else take his job that would be thankful to have a job at all in this economy.
I usually simply make note of rude servers and enjoy the rest of my stay. This was an exception however. I felt compelled to complain about RON and did so. Sadly, it did not seem to come as a surprise to anyone on the staff with whom I spoke!
Had it not been for this singularly poor excuse for a bartender my evening at Brat Stop would have been a huge success. This one rotten apple however mad me so furious that it is the one thing that stands out from that evening, thereby ruining the entire experience.
BTW, when the manager heard my complaint he did offer the obligatory "sorry". No free meal, no free appetizer, no free drink on your next visit..."sorry" was it. Why do I get the feeling that RON would still be behind the bar should I ever venture back in?

Zion, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“10 reunion”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Brat stop is one of the best and most elegant place to have your quinceanera or your wedding there. There food is good and there service is wonderful. I have gone there many times for partys. My reunion they atmostphere was perfect.

Visited February 2012
Wilmette, Illinois
“BRATS, BRATS, BRATS”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Price is right, atmosphere is absolutely Wisconsin. Great for Beer & Brats. Many TVs with sports on all the time. Many classic Wisconsin delights of chees, beer and they have a store for buying many more Cheese, Brat. and Packers items. Icon on Rt. 94 @ Rt 50 Exit.

Visited September 2012