“Can't believe they stay open”

Ashling on the Lough
Ranked #37 of 250 Restaurants in Kenosha
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Here at Ashling on the Lough, Kenosha’s premier Irish Restaurant, we create dishes that not only have the perfect blend of flavors and textures, but also dishes that compliment good company and good conversation. Every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients; serving only the choicest meats, seafood and freshest vegetables. We invite you to return and allow us to serve you again. Slainte!
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

They lost our reservation. Took an hour to seat us. The food took forever and was cold. We had brought friends from out of state and we were incredibly embarrassed by how bad it was. When I spoke to the manager, he comped the meal. When I tried to explain my frustration and embarrassment, he stated "I just comped the meal" and walked away.

2  Thank Bigredtomato

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I just love the place have been there 4 or 5 times as adults only and with young children very accomodating to everyone

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I went out to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. We usually go to Texas Roadhouse or Fireside but I decided I wanted something different than my usual prime rib. The place is nice inside- very clean and still looks new. I wish I could have tried all of the appetizers they all looked so good! But we got the Bacon Wrapped Dates and the Drunken Mushrooms. My husband was scared at first of the dates but once I made him try one we were fighting over them! You cannot even tell it is a date unless you really think about it. It is so tender it could be a lil smokey(thats how I talked him into trying it). We also loved the Drunken mushrooms they came on crostini bread- super yummy and nice and fresh. For dinner I had the Guiness braised lamb shank on whipped butter potatoes with root veggies and Guiness gravy. I would have been happy with just the potatoes and veggies and gravy they were so good. The lamb was great- fell right off the bone! So many places put that nasty mint jelly on lamb so I was glad to see this on the menu. My Hubby had the pork chop with potato pancakes and was very happy. Too bad we didnt have room for dessert! Our waiter was excellent also!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

The best place in Kenosha (or Southeast Wisconsin, really) for authentic, delicious Irish food and spirits. Not only is the food amazing, but the ambiance and waitstaff are equally great! I have never once had a bad experience at Ashling.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I always enjoy myself here the staff if fun and attentive the food is very good too.
I've enjoyed the Irish Drunken Mushrooms and the The Irish Reuben several times, the last time we were here two people in our party had the Fish and Chips which they said was very good and the other person had the Castledaly Lamb Shank and said they would be back for more!
We live about 40 minutes away but it's worth the trip they are right on the harbor so it's a nice place to take a walk after your meal enjoy!