“Disaster”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Yes, this was the one word my daughter cried out as we unfolded the pull out bed to find a fully multiple stained mattress. It was seriously gross. Needless to say, my wife graciously slept on the couch so that my daughter wouldn't have to.

Upon checking in I was asked for ID and a credit card. After handing the front desk attendant the ID and credit card I asked if we could get a third floor room as we have young kids and we wanted a quiet room. She then decided to lecture me on how I should tell her this prior to handing her my credit card. I responded with "sorry to inconvenience you." She then went on to reach over the counter and massage the top of my 4 year olds head, creepy!!!

The room has maple space and besides the mattress seemed fairly clean. The bathroom light broke so we could not see.

Now to the pool . . . The pool is super cloudy and doesn't seem to be regulated almost like there is too much chlorine. We did not let our kids swim in fear of this. There is also a massive humidity problem as the door way is rusting in the pool area, the dry wall is cracking etc. the fitness center is under renovation and was closes; although I called prior to our trip to ask about the fitness center and this was not mentioned. Perhaps with the renovation this will be taken care of.

Some positives, the breakfast was solid and the remaining staff wee friendly. In summary, spacious but not well maintained. We cancelled our second evening and stayed at the Holiday Inn for 20 dollars more. Brand new hotel, great pool and fitness center with flat screens and in a better location. Worth every penny.

Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Joe J
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Well, to start off with, this was my second time staying there. My first wasn't to great, so I thought I'd give it another try. While I was trying to make my reservation online, I had a few questions, I called and wanted to speak with the manager, each time I called he/she was never in. So I left some messages, quite a few actually, I NEVER got a phone call back!! Each time I stayed there, the pool is literally FREEZING cold, and the hot tub is like a luke warm bath. The rooms had a nice set up, the lobby was spacious and nice looking, fireplace and a flat screen T.V. There's also a little room with things you can buy, such as candy, advil, popcorn, chips, etc. I thought that was neat. The girl that checked me in was friendly. The breakfast could have been better, it seemed as if it was sitting out all morning. Another thing that I was upset about, my shower curtain rod in the bathroom was broken! I couldn't shut the curtain - therefore I got water all over the bathroom! The hallways had air conditioning, which was nice being up on third floor, but it was a tad bit chilly, especially after leaving the freezing pool. I was not only upset with the fact the manager of the hotel never got back to me, but all these other reasons, I'm probably not going to come back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The hotel has possibilities. First floor guest rooms have very high ceilings and room layout is unique. However there are so many maintenance and service issues that it's really not great. Upon arrival staff wasn't too friendly and they were never seen at the desk for the remainder of the stay.

Sofa bed was unusable and full of crackers. Caulk had come off all over bathroom so that even shower control was hanging off wall. Plumbing or something was rattling in the wall at night.

With all that being said, the room was clean and it was near where we needed to be. It wouldn't take much to turn it around but if let go it probably won't be acceptable for long. Here is hoping that they see what needs to be done and do it!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012

When booking a suite, I thought you would get something better than this. The so called living room was really hot, has ceiling fan but only one speed. Air conditioning only worked on high in the bedroom, so you either froze or were hot. Mold in bathroom, also water was coming on the floor thru the wall from upstairs. Bedspreads were stained, couch was stained, freezer didn't keep things froze. Housekeeping didn't replace towels. The only plus was the so called hot breakfast. It was only slightly warm and that was at 6:00 in the morning when they are supposed to start the breakfast. you get eggs, sausage, waffles, toast, yogurt, coffee, juice. Really not worth the money for this suite. Have paid much less for alot more.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Went to Country Thunder 2012 and stayed here. When I booked the room there was a promotion running so I was able to snag a King Bed Suite w/ Whirlpool & Fireplace for the same price as a normal room would go for. Pool area definitely needs maintenance, not all of the hot tub jets were working nor did the temperature feel very "hot." Lack of towels available when they were needed. Staff was friendly but overall it was not worth the money (even when discounted) a lot of the amenities are outdated. I had a flat screen TV in the bedroom area of my suite but the main TV was a dinosaur and the included microwave was the cheapest money could buy. The whirlpool in my room also seemed as if it was falling apart, it had knobs that I'm not sure if they were meant to control it but they weren't attached to anything and could be pulled right out. I'm also pretty sure the fireplace is more of a fire hazard... I left it on and fell asleep one night and I wokeup and noticed the bathroom door was scorched. (Whether or not that was my doing, I do not know.)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Ac didnt work, no sheets or pillows on hide a bed fold out also had stains of some sort all over it simply filthy and none in the room when we went to desk to ask for some the clerk acted like she didnt want to be bothered with us saying we have no sheets and no extra pillows, when we asked for another room she snapped and said they were booked, if we could have gotten our money back I would have left. Later another lady brought sheets up to our room luckily she brought five sheets or I dont even know if I would have wanted to sleep on the bed. The chair in the room had white stains on it, the screen was ripped out so we couldnt even open window because of lack of as ac unit working. We go to Kenosha ever year and I can tell you we wont be spending our money at this hotel. Oh yes and when we asked to speak to a manager none on duty. We called customer service and the manager was supposed to call within 2 days, 5 days later no call.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank David W
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I am not picky about hotels. I want a clean bathroom, a clean floor and decent service. The service in this hotel was terrible. When we asked them a couple of basic location questions the staff had no idea what we were talking about. And the worst was when they came in to clean the room. They did not make my bed because I left an item on it. The front counter woman said it was the hotel policy not to touch personal items of guests while cleaning rooms. That is absurd, and impossible.
Also, the bathroom had quite a bit of mold in it. Maybe too many people had left items in the bathroom and they can't ever clean it?

When your hotel is on a frontage road in a horrible location, you should go out of your way to make your guests welcome - not make them regret choosing your hotel.

Room Tip: Don't leave any items lying around or the staff won't clean your room!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wendy W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenosha
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Best Western Executive Inn
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
Candlewood Suites Kenosha
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie K...
#3 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Pr...
#1 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!