“Not worth the price”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
Illinois, United States
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Went to Country Thunder 2012 and stayed here. When I booked the room there was a promotion running so I was able to snag a King Bed Suite w/ Whirlpool & Fireplace for the same price as a normal room would go for. Pool area definitely needs maintenance, not all of the hot tub jets were working nor did the temperature feel very "hot." Lack of towels available when they were needed. Staff was friendly but overall it was not worth the money (even when discounted) a lot of the amenities are outdated. I had a flat screen TV in the bedroom area of my suite but the main TV was a dinosaur and the included microwave was the cheapest money could buy. The whirlpool in my room also seemed as if it was falling apart, it had knobs that I'm not sure if they were meant to control it but they weren't attached to anything and could be pulled right out. I'm also pretty sure the fireplace is more of a fire hazard... I left it on and fell asleep one night and I wokeup and noticed the bathroom door was scorched. (Whether or not that was my doing, I do not know.)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bourbon, IN
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Ac didnt work, no sheets or pillows on hide a bed fold out also had stains of some sort all over it simply filthy and none in the room when we went to desk to ask for some the clerk acted like she didnt want to be bothered with us saying we have no sheets and no extra pillows, when we asked for another room she snapped and said they were booked, if we could have gotten our money back I would have left. Later another lady brought sheets up to our room luckily she brought five sheets or I dont even know if I would have wanted to sleep on the bed. The chair in the room had white stains on it, the screen was ripped out so we couldnt even open window because of lack of as ac unit working. We go to Kenosha ever year and I can tell you we wont be spending our money at this hotel. Oh yes and when we asked to speak to a manager none on duty. We called customer service and the manager was supposed to call within 2 days, 5 days later no call.

1 Thank David W

Travelers are raving about these Kenosha hotels

Joliet, Illinois, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I am not picky about hotels. I want a clean bathroom, a clean floor and decent service. The service in this hotel was terrible. When we asked them a couple of basic location questions the staff had no idea what we were talking about. And the worst was when they came in to clean the room. They did not make my bed because I left an item on it. The front counter woman said it was the hotel policy not to touch personal items of guests while cleaning rooms. That is absurd, and impossible.
Also, the bathroom had quite a bit of mold in it. Maybe too many people had left items in the bathroom and they can't ever clean it?

When your hotel is on a frontage road in a horrible location, you should go out of your way to make your guests welcome - not make them regret choosing your hotel.

Room Tip: Don't leave any items lying around or the staff won't clean your room!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wendy W
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed a Friday and Saturday night. Checked in late on Friday night and there were no sheets for the sofa bed. Sunday morning not one single ice machine in the whole building was working! The suites are not arranged very efficiently. The living area and sleeping area are separated by the sink, toilet, tub. It was 20 degrees difference between the 2 rooms because the air could not flow.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 16, 2012

To make a long story-short, we had a comp room from last year because of NO A/C either night we were there. We were there on a Friday and Saturday but the comp room could NOT be used either of those night so, luckily, we could rearrange things that we could stay Saturday and Sunday to utilize the free night. I called last week to request a room with a NEW air conditioner as we had been told last year that they were replacing their air conditioners. I was assured by the lady I talked to that Yes we were going to be in a room with a new one.....Ya, right! When we checked in we were assured again that we had one of the rooms with new AC....OLD AC is more like it. We turned it on and hoped that it would soon start blowing COLD air as it was in the 90's outside. When I saw there were rust spots around the screws holding the plastic deflector in place I figured we were in trouble. We gave it an hour and then called down to the desk and demanded a room that REALLY had a new air conditioner. We were moved down the hall to 225 which had a new, digital, temperature controlled air conditioner!! Wouldn't it have been easier to just give us this room to begin with?? This property is getting a bit run down. Also, we had 4 people registered....3 bath towels, 3 hand towels and 3 wash cloths....hmmmmmm...what was the 4th person supposed to use? We got more. Sunday night, same game. 3 of each and were told when calling down about 7.15pm that the laundry wouldn't be done until around 10pm.....Wouldn't you suppose that if a hotel has 4 people registered in a room the cleaning staff would be told to leave, at a minimum 4 of each? Not sure if we will stay here again. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a new air conditioner and go and check it before hauling all your stuff in. If...
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed here everything was nice except for the fact that my key card would keep deactivating! This was hard going up and down each time I needed in my room considering I have a 18 month old on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed July 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I am a Diamond member of Choice hotels and stay in their chain of hotels all over. I have stayed in over 40 nights of hotels. Comfort Suites are supposed to be there top of the line brand. This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! All the way down to their staff. Upon checking in the check in clerk was rude and non helpful. The TV stations don't even come in. Everything about the hotel was dirty. The hallways were dirty and grungy. They had a pull out desk that when I pulled it out, the part under the other desk was full of dust! There were scratches all over the furniture. The receptionist got upset one night that a group of people didn't put the tables in the breakfast area back, and while I was trying to have a nice conversation with a family member that I hadn't seen in a while, she was slamming the chairs and tables all over the place like it was the worst thing to have ever happened. Very poor value (very expensive place) for such a run down hotel.

Room Tip: My tip is to not stay here!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mark M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenosha
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Best Western Executive Inn
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie K...
#3 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Candlewood Suites Kenosha
Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!