“How you treat your top says everything”

Candlewood Suites Kenosha
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Overall, the facility itself is fine. It is one of the renovated Candlewoods and the area is fine.

I must say, though, that since I travel every single week and stay at IHG properties as a Platinum member, this is the first property within 30 states and 3 countries that has denied my request for an hour later checkout. Literally, out of 100s of hotels! I know it's not a guaranteed benefit but it has never been a problem anywhere.

At first, I was told "You can call back in the morning and ask." That certainly defeats the purpose of getting to sleep in; I don't want to wake up early to grovel for an extra hour of sleep. So then I was told, "Because the hotel is full, I was told we can't give any late checkouts." This is most certainly not true as I can see available rooms in the online booking system.

I have enjoyed it here for the most part, but will not be coming back simple based on the way the hotel values its platinum members.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LEGGROOM
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Kenosha, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear LEGGROOM,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that note please accept our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience the late check-out you requested may have caused. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured that these will be shared to our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

We appreciate your loyalty and hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Kenosha

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I only stayed there one night but I was very surprised at what the room offered me. I was well maintained and it had a FULL fridge and a kitchen!! I did not use it but I definitely was happy with it.

I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CYang2013
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were impressed with our first stay at this property. Even with checking in late at night, the desk agent was on top of her duties, very accommodating, and she made those extra efforts to answer questions or to guide us to what we needed. That's super helpful when you're really tired and don't want to have to think too much in a new area. The location is very nice - in a little office park area and on a road linking directly to one of the main Kenosha roads. Price for one weekend night was very good. Woodman's grocery store was easy to get to in one direction, and the lakefront was easy to get to in the other direction. Plenty of private parking, as is the norm with Candlewood Suites properties which I've been to elsewhere. We noticed that they had postings on bulletin boards in the hotel to direct you to special events and attractions in the area. That's something that we really appreciated and would have used had we been there longer. Wifi was excellent throughout the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hdbangr11
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great location and friendly staff. The suites have absolutely everything, except body lotion so bring your own. Good value, super clean and really comfortable beds. Shops and restaurants right across the street

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank SarahJacks
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for an extended time. Staff was friendly, my room and all facilities were clean, and the rates were excellent. Rooms are great size for location, close to restaurants, has free laundry room with updated machines.

Room Tip: Convenience store inside runs on honor system. Great housekeeping staff, ask for room on 3rd floor b...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tin S
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was very displeased with another hotel in the area and started shopping around. I found Candlewood, and they were wonderful about fitting me in. I come here for two extended stays during the year, and Candlewood made me incredibly taken care of. The rooms are spotless and airy. The beds and linen are soft and comfy. The bathrooms are luxurious and the towels are great. I love to cook, and having a fully equipped kitchen while I'm traveling is heaven. Not having to deal with icky laundromats (free in-house laundry room) is heaven as well. I'm saving money on laundry and a gym membership as well, since they have a workout room. DVD player in your room is great, too. Plenty of convenient electrical outlets near the work desk makes this hotel a super value for me. I am SO HAPPY with Candlewood! I will stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: Third floor means nobody bumping around above you, and they have an elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Dana G
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My daughter and I and my two grandchildren spent the night at this hotel. It was very comfortable, everything is updated and the kitchen was fantastic. The staff was very friendly. I would recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MNC20
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenosha
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
Best Western Executive Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Kenosha
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant P...
#2 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha

Been to Candlewood Suites Kenosha? Share your experiences!