“Where's the pool,weight room”

Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
Greentown, Indiana
“Where's the pool,weight room”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Staff are GREAT,but no pool or no weight room due to remodeling. Booked thru orbitz and expected both of these amenities. With 7 kids all looking forward to the trip and staying at a hotel with a pool. Sucks.... Everything else was great. Staff, breakfast and location. It almost put a damper on our family vacation. Thank God the lake was close by. Be more honest before I spend my money.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Ray M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Bucyrus, Ohio
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel is being worked on, and the redone rooms are very nice. Pool and bar were closed, but the service was great. Breakfast was very good. We stayed 2 days and enjoyed all the surrounding attractions. Jelly Belly factory was fun. The room was nice, clean and fresh. Employees are very helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms facing water are best choice.
1 Thank Sammy2141
Upland, CA
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is an older hotel (formerly a Holiday Inn) that is being refurbished one floor at a time. If you want an updated room, ask for the first floor. Right now (July 2013) they are working on the indoor pool, so if having access to a pool is important to you, call to see if the pool is re-opened yet. The remaining 4 floors are truly in need of renovation - but the reason I stay here every time I am in Kenosha (2 or 3 times a year for family) is the LOCATION. I pay the additional cost for a Harborside room, and love the view of the harbor, the lighthouse built in 1888, and Lake Michigan just beyond. The hotel provides free Wi-fi and free breakfast (best features are make your own Belgian style waffle and famous Racine "Kringle" coffee cake.) Downside to the upper 4 floors prior to renovation - mattresses are serviceable but old, small box style TV, etc. but I love being in part of town while I am here! PS - don't miss Villa d'Carlo (Carl's Pizza) across the street! Thin crust, very tasty - I love the "Beverly's Favorite".

Room Tip: First floor is totally renovated, but best views are the upper floors in the Harborside rooms.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I've never left a hotel at 3:30 am but we did leave this one at that time last night. I could not sleep there. We checked in late and had to leave to go to fireworks so I really didn't have time to look at the bathroom. There was a slight layer of dust on the furniture but I attributed that to the renovation that is going on the first floor. No biggie there. We arrived back at the room at about midnight. I went into the bathroom to get ready for bed. It was very dirty. In fact, filthy. The toilet smelled of urine and was horribly dirty. The bathtub was dirty and the floor had dirt caked in the corners and needed a real scrubbing. It was disgraceful. I don't know who is cleaning these rooms but clearly there is no quality control measures practiced by management in relation to the upkeep of these rooms.

I tried to go to sleep, woke up at about 3am and had what I'd call the "heebie jeebies" about sleeping in that room. And quite frankly, the urine smell wafting from the bathroom was nauseating me. My husband was restless too so he said, let's just leave. So we did and slept when we arrived home. If we go up to Kenosha next year, we will definitely stay somewhere else. I don't think it's a lot to ask to have a bathroom that is somewhere in the vicinity of clean. Not even close.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank terri111357

Travelers are raving about these Kenosha hotels

Sullivan, Illinois
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed here twice in the month of March 2013. First stay my room was very outdated but clean with great view of the Harbor. The second visit I got upgraded to a new remodeled room, boy what a difference in the two rooms. Breakfast food is free with stay and above average, everyone was very nice at the front desk. Indoor pool was small and hot tub was not working. Conference Center located at the hotel would have been vice for business travel. Walking distance to good food and views of harbor.

Room Tip: Make sure to request a remodeled room with harbor side view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank SEF3
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed one night, following a family wedding held at the hotel. The hotel is under renovation, so I won't nit pick about the peeling wallpaper in the bathroom. The room was clean and extremely quiet, despite being right near the elevator. The rooms on either side of us were occupied, but we didn't even hear any plumbing noise. Our room, 403, had a lovely view of the harbor.

Because of the land the hotel is built on, there was 1/2 a flight of stairs to get to the breakfast area / lobby, as well as a short exterior flight of stairs to get to entrance "C" from the parking lot. Since my husband is disabled it wasn't ideal, but workable. For someone in a wheelchair, it would be a real problem. There wasn't a handicapped accessible room when we checked in, but they offered a shower chair, which was in the room by the time we unloaded the car and got to the room.

The hotel was full, so there wasn't any seating when we went for breakfast about 9 am. A staff member did pull some chairs out of a closet without being asked to do so. The gesture was very much appreciated, but we opted just to stop for breakfast on our way home so we'd have chairs and a table.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Knitter1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenosha
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha
BEST WESTERN Executive Inn
Candlewood Suites Kenosha
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Kenosha
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant P...
#2 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie

Been to Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside? Share your experiences!