“Convient to the lake and downtown”

Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I wouldn't say our stay was bad, but not the best we've ever had traveling.
Pros - The room was cheap, the lake side view was awesome, great for sunriseview, walking distance to the museums, bars, dinning, and shopping. The breakfast was great, lost of food choices. (scrambled eggs, croisants, bagels, muffins, cereal, sausage, yogurt, juice, coffee, tea.). The room was clean, and the view was great.

Cons - the outside door was next to us, and it would slam shut every time someone came or went, which bounced our door and vibrated the room... We were by the pool, and all the screaming unsupervised children running up and down the hall way. The wall in the bathroom was buckling. Cleaning took our towels the one day and didn't replace them.

Room Tip: You don't want room 101 or the new room they are adding next to it!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Travel4Fun31
BWYvetteAGM, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for your review. If you return in the future please ask for a higher room as the views getting better the higher floor you are.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My 11 year old and I stayed here two nights ago because she had a championship swim meet at Carthage College and I thought it would be better for her to get a good, full night's sleep rather than get up ungodly early and drive. Was I wrong!

Check in was fine, Kristin was very nice. We got an "upgraded" harbor view room because I helped out another family. The hotel itself is old and in dire need of some real repairs (vs patch jobs) and updating. I got the kiddo settled in to bed about 9. About 930 the dance party started ... music, loud voices, barking (you figure that one out). I called the front desk and was asked what room it was coming from (how would I know, I wasn't invited!), and was told she would "walk the halls" to figure it out. Kristin did just that but the noise level didn't change, so I decided I would do the same and either ask the people to tone it down or ask Kristin to do it.

I found the room one floor and one room over from me. As I was debating whether to knock, a party goer or lady of the night (you make the call - the dress was very sparkly and very short) arrived. Please note: she came in a side door, so apparently had her own key. I went to the front desk and was told Kristin had to wait 15 minutes for security. What??

Yep. There is nothing she can do other than ask them to quiet down because the hotel also acts as AN UPPERCLASS DORM FOR CARTHAGE COLLEGE, so it is not within the hotel's jursidiction, AND she cannot call the police. She assured me that since they were upperclassmen and "knew better" AND because security was arriving soon, that they would pipe down. That's when I lost it ... it was nearly 1030 at that point, we still had to be up early, and I needed to wait for them to quiet down AND hope they didn't bring the party back with them later?

Long story short: Kristin seemed to do what she could. We switched to a different room (which is good and bad since it was late, but at least we got some rest) and a small discount. I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel as long as it serves as a college dorm. For the record, the badly behaved college students were in room 219, and no, I did not "prank" call them when I got up at 6 am although I did seriously consider it. :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank bk_in_chgo03

We apologize about not meeting your expectations. The hotel is under new ownership and in the process of renovation the hotel. We currently do have some Carthage College students staying with us however they follow strict policies and even have their own floor and entrance which is also monitored 7 days a week by security from 10pm until 5am each day so that noise levels etc are kept to a minimal and they, as all hotel guest, follow a “quiet time” policy of 10pm daily.
With your review we have contacted the college presidents and have been in communication with them and their security. Strict measures have been taken by those involved and this sort of incident will not happen or be tolerated again. I sincerely apologize about your experience and would love to see you and your family stay with us again next time you are in Kenosha.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kmyoung
BWYvetteAGM, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We booked this hotel because of its location. There isn't much of a downtown left in Kenosha but Lake Michigan is lovely. We had planned to stay 6 nights but checked out after 1. It is really down on its heels and not very clean. The people at the desk were so kind and friendly but they couldn't overcome a property that needs significant upgrading and, at the least, a good cleaning.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HannahMary6637
BWYvetteAGM, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Good news, with the new ownership we are in the processes of renovating the hotel. However with renovations it does take some time with coordinating the least amount of business interruption. We hope that when you return to the area next you are able to experience our renovations.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWYvetteAGM, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Reviewed December 17, 2012

It was OK at best. Bed uncomfortable. Rooms not clean. Location is terrific for my needs. Love the harbor...................................................................................................

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mlmmje
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stay at the Harborside Inn every time we are in Kenosha, 4 or 5 times a year. Excellent location, you can walk everywhere to downtown shops, restaurants, museums, the trolley, and the lighthouse. The view of the harbor is lovely. Staff are friendly and the service is attentive. Complimentary breakfast has something for everyone. We were introduced to Kringle there! Why stay somewhere else, when you can be right on the harbor?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LISA T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenosha
7 mi away
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Kenosha
Candlewood Suites Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Pr...
#1 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie

Been to Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside? Share your experiences!