“Super Outstanding Service”

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 4, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Great Motel for the Business Traveler. Super Efficient staff. The rooms were spotless. Exceptional housekeeping. Great location from Highway 41 between Appleton and Green Bay.Good parking lot if you have a Truck or Trailer.Very Secure Parking. No Dark Spots or Blind areas. Ideal for female travelers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Roberta S, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Kaukauna WI, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for staying with us! We are very glad to hear your stay went so well and that you took the time to tell us!! We look forward to your staying with us the next time.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Roberta S, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Kaukauna WI, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Date of my trip was 04/19-20/2013. My best friend was getting married the 20th in Seymour so Kaukauna was the closest place to stay. I should have read the online reviews first because this place is a hole. I guess it used to be the "settle inn" but now is a Days Inn and I sincerely hope that Days Inn Corp reads the reviews and give the location some serious attention soon or they may find themselves out of business. While the staff was fine everything else stank- literally. I booked two rooms on seperate floors and the whole hotel stinks- not sure what the smell is but one person in my party mentioned old rancid fish grease so we will go with that. The bathrooms in the rooms are comically small and not clean- the toilet in my room had a thick black ring that was disgusting.
The bed in my room had a sping sticking out so that even thought it was king sized bed my husband and I had to crowd up to avoid getting stuck with it. Also the fire alarm went off about every 2-3 hours, first time it went off was about 2 min after we got in the room to drop our bags off before heading out. Then when it kept happening after our return my husband wanted to just unplug it but I said no we cant do that lets just give them time since I thought oh they must be doing some kind of system check since it kept going off. After it was still going off after 10pm I had enough and called the front desk- he said he would come over and take care of it. Then he just unhooked it and said it keeps happening but no one knows why.
The breakfast was pretty bad so we went out instead. The pool had water in it but the hot tub had boards etc piled in it so the pool was a no go for us. There was no exercise room. And although the website listed resturants they were not within walking distance as stated. I checked today 4/30/13 and the resturants are no longer listed under dining so I guess they changed that atleast. There is a gas station and an Arbys pretty much in the parking lot of the hotel. Since we were in town for a wedding I had made appointments to get my and my mother in laws hair done Saturday morning and when the people at the salon asked where we were staying they groaned and said sorrywhen I told them and they said that we should have stayed an exit away at a same priced but in much better shape hotel. You know its bad when even the locals tell you not to stay there!

Room Tip: There is no good room - I booked two king rooms one on the first floor and one on the second and the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank TravelingJedi

Thank you for taking the time to send in your thoughts. Our staff is held to very high expectations regarding the cleanliness of rooms, and I sincerely apologize about the bathroom. The smell in which you remarked, is Kaukauna. There is a paper mill in the city, and Kaukauna is unfortunately known for the smell throughout the area.

The ADA has passed a new law mandating a lift to be put in your hot tub/pool. Our hot tub is too small to comply with the new law, and we had to close it. Our staff should have said that when you made the reservation so I have passed along a reminder to them.

The reputation of the former hotel is something that Days Inn is trying to overcome with locals. Within the next few months we will be fully up to Days Inn standards so I truly hope you return.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Roberta S, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Kaukauna WI, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Reviewed March 27, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roger S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kaukauna
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton North
Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly
Quality Inn & Suites Kimberly
5 mi away
Cambria hotel & suites
Cambria hotel & suites
#6 of 25 in Appleton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Green Bay

Been to Days Inn & Suites Kaukauna WI? Share your experiences!