“Disappointed-gave it another try with bad results”

Hi-Way Harry's Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2013

When my husband and I first went to this restaurant in fall 2012 we were so in love. The atmosphere, food and service were excellent. A few more times we went there were also great. The last few times we went there we were served a burned filet mignon on my birthday only to be given an attitude by the wait staff upon complaining and no proper management concern. This last time we got take out, requested a medium steak and I was surprised by an extremely rare one (if at all cooked) once I opened it up at home. I am breast feeding so this was seriously not cool. I had to cook it myself and I must say the flavor was bland...no seasoning..I had to season myself and the supposed loaded mashed potatoes were dry, bland and there was no evidence it was loaded with anything. Totally overpriced and yuck! Frustrated and don't think it is worth another trip. Is there a new chef or what?

1  Thank Sarah3478

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Restaurant is fine but nothing stood out as great. Good food, good location, good waiter. No WOW factor and the food was...........Good.

1  Thank Dave P
Reviewed October 22, 2013

From the name, I wasn't expecting it to be as nice inside as it was. The food was great, all 3 of us loved it.
I had a martini, Blue Heaven and it was great. The service was super, we had a very nice young man named Chris. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

If you go home hungry while dining on the Sunday Brunch at Hi-Way Harry's you must be a very picky eater. They offer a large variety of foods from pretty much anything you can think of for breakfast, to salad bar, to various meat/fish entrees, to desserts. Anytime we have guests stay from out-of-town we take them here for breakfast brunch if they are with us while the brunch goes on.

The service is a little inconsistent. We've gone and had the best service ever to our wait-person never coming back except later with the bill and we had to flag down someone else to get our drinks refilled.

The décor/design is amazing. You have private booths and tables at most of the spots to eat. My husband and I always are waiting for an old-time 1930's gangster to walk into the place with his entourage and a dame on his arm. It's a really neat building inside and out.

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Upscale 1980s dining meets frank Lloyd Wright...... $10.00 hamburger and fries are well worth the price.