“The Best Sunday Brunch”

Hi-Way Harry's Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Johnson Creek, Wisconsin
“The Best Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

If you go home hungry while dining on the Sunday Brunch at Hi-Way Harry's you must be a very picky eater. They offer a large variety of foods from pretty much anything you can think of for breakfast, to salad bar, to various meat/fish entrees, to desserts. Anytime we have guests stay from out-of-town we take them here for breakfast brunch if they are with us while the brunch goes on.

The service is a little inconsistent. We've gone and had the best service ever to our wait-person never coming back except later with the bill and we had to flag down someone else to get our drinks refilled.

The décor/design is amazing. You have private booths and tables at most of the spots to eat. My husband and I always are waiting for an old-time 1930's gangster to walk into the place with his entourage and a dame on his arm. It's a really neat building inside and out.

• Visited April 2013

“Unique setting and awesome burgers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Upscale 1980s dining meets frank Lloyd Wright...... $10.00 hamburger and fries are well worth the price.

• Visited October 2013
Manassas, Virginia, United States
“Great Setting..Poor Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Food took too long and when we ask the waitress, she responded, "Oh. Were you in a hurry?"!!!!
She should have said, "I'll check on that for you." Food was mediocre for the price. Great atmosphere, beautiful architecture.

• Visited September 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Going downhill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Living in the area, I've gone to Hi-Way Harry's many times. If you would have asked me years ago, I would have raved about it...now...not so much. The place is beautiful and very romantic. Dark wood, a waterfall, and a gorgeous bar area. The bartenders are friendly and attentive. Drinks always good. Unfortunately, the quality of the food has deteriorated. On our most recent visit, I ordered the (Friday fish) Perch dinner and hubby ordered a steak. Salads came out. In the old days, it was one of the highlights of the meal...now, a bowl of iceberg with a piece of tomato. Disappointing. Waited at least 30 minutes for meal to come out...we were in no hurry, but when it finally came, I took one look, pointed to something on my plate and said, "what's that?" Turns out, it was loaded mashed potato, which I didn't order. Waitress quickly went to get my baked potato. It was underdone and hard. Perch was lukewarm, and extremely salty tasting. Green beans were cold and mushy. It was really a disappointing meal.

Something has happened to cause the quality of food to deteriorate. I like Hi-Way Harry's. I want the food to be good. I want to go there, but each time I go, I'm disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank jlwilm
Sherwood, Wisconsin
“Great lunch with friends.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We were not in a hurry which was good, but the wait was pleasant, and it was labor day. I like the decor and our waiter was excellent. My friend and I had the prime rib sandwich, which was excellent and huge. Spouses had a large salad and the other a gourmet burger and both really enjoyed their meals. We were seated by one of the large windows and enjoyed the restaurant a lot. It's interesting the range of experiences reported, so I'm pleased our experience was one of the great ones.

Visited September 2013