“Excellent for the one night stay”

Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Johnson Creek
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Traveling to Watertown for a class reunion we elected to stay here rather than one of the two hotels in Watertown mostly because it was a Choice Hotel and we tend to stay in those. For the one night it was a great stay. The king room was huge with an extra couch. The pools were great although we only spent time in the hot tub. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel M
Dave E, General Manager at Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

The staff and management of the Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek would like to thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review of our property. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I wish that I knew where to start with this absolutely horrifying experience. As a frequent business traveler, and past employee of the world's best hospitality companies (Walt Disney Company), I would like to say that you need to make some serious changes to your staff! I recently had a wedding in the Johnson Creek, WI area and booked a block of rooms for my guests coming from all over the United States (WI, FL, NJ, PA, MD, NC, NY) for our special day. Early in the process I met with Christine (Director of Sales) to go over the conditions and plans. We were told that the “more business we bring her, the more she could do for us as the bride and groom”. We were then told that if we brought her “significant business” that she would actually comp our room. We ended up having 50 people in our block. When I followed up to confirm everything, I was told that I was lying by Christine and that she never promised this. She then proceeded to give me 10% off; however, she had my reservation wrong. She had me down for two nights instead of just the one. No big deal! She kindly updated the reservation, AT FULL PRICE! Besides my own mishaps with reservations, I later received several complaints from my own guests about you guys. Wrong reservations, unfriendly service, not giving accurate room rates that were agreed upon and in writing, unaccommodating to requests, and the list goes on.
The worst of all things with this hotel is the management’s unwillingness to be flexible and accommodating to very reasonable requests. We were told check in was at 3 pm for guests and we expressed months in advance that we would probably have a couple rooms that we would like to get into early for the groom and groomsman since we had to be at the venue prior to everyone else. We were told that this was no guarantee, but to follow up closer to the date of the reservation and they would do their best. I proceeded to follow up 3 times, including the last time being the day before my wedding. The response I received from Christine was not only rude, but unprofessional and unnecessary. Here is her response to me:
“I don't think you truly understand the business of a hotel. My goal is to sell out every room of this hotel every day, and those that are here do not have to leave until 11am. How can you check in by 1pm if the previous guests have not vacated their room until around 11am? It is an unreasonable request on a busy weekend. Hence, I can not guaranty a special request to adjust check-in times. Sorry, but not possible to guaranty.”
Please keep in mind that I asked for only THREE rooms to be flipped. Even if the entire hotel was booked (which it was not since I could make a reservation still), it is MORE THAN REASONABLE to flip three rooms in two hours especially for a bride and groom on their wedding day. If this is so unreasonable, then how do you flip an entire hotel in 4 hours? By not changing the sheets? Since she could not guarantee even two days before, I followed her instruction to call in the morning of check-in. She proceeded to yell at my groomsman about how she could not make this work and that we obviously don’t get it. One of our groomsmen decided to just come in and the front desk person looked it up and gave him a room immediately without issue – even after Christine told him NO over the phone minutes before. ODD huh?! The bride and groom were forced to check in at 12:30 am after their reception. A response like this to a customer in my industry would not only lose that customer (which I can assure you have done), but would have lost me a job as well!
I could continue to go on about the two guest rooms that had broken air conditioners, and had the front desk refuse to do anything about it, but I will spare you! This was by far one of the worst experiences of my life and sadly happened adjacent to the happiest day of my life. Sadly, all of this is a result of one of your location’s staff, but in the end, the entire Comfort Suites chain will suffer given the diversity of our guests.
If I could leave you with one positive, the newly renovated hotel does look nice. It’s a shame that it is managed by someone that doesn't understand true customer service.

Room Tip: Don't Book Your Group Stay Here!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Erik K
Dave E, Manager at Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for your elaborate review of your recent stay at the Johnson Creek Comfort Suites. We do appreciate the paid rooms you sent us. On behalf of the staff I apologize for the inability for you and your groomsmen to be accomodated with an early check in despite the numerous phone calls and emails to you suggesting that an early check in might not be an option. Some flexibility on both of our parts with a friendly tone could have avoided what turned into your bad experience. I have spoken with the staff member that you called out in this review about the importance of accomodating each guest appropriately and in a friendly manner. We wish you and your bride all the best and a long future together.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were on a bike trip in the area, spending one night at this hotel. After we had checked out and returned from our 50+ mile bike ride the second day, they let us use their pool locker rooms to take showers, and even gave us new towels and soap. This was incredibly generous of them. The locker rooms and pool area were MUCH bigger than most at hotels of this size.

Also, my boyfriend woke up with a painful dental issue and the front desk clerk (Rebecca?) immediately gave us the phone number to the nearest pharmacy, which was ten miles away. This completely saved our trip on Sunday.

I would not consider staying anywhere else but Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek when traveling in this area.

Room Tip: We really liked our room in the wing by the banquet rooms, out of the main traffic flow.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Terri C
Dave E, General Manager at Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

We really appreciate your kind words and thoughtful review of the Johnson Creek Comfort Suites. The staff does it's very best to be accomodating and thoughtful to every guest that passes through our doors. Thank you for recognizing and appreciating our ongoing efforts to provide superior customer service at the property. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

As a 100 night a year traveler...This Comfort Suites is a very nice property for its star level. My check in was great, hallways are extra wide,my room was very large and spacious and very clean. Based on my reduced rate this a a fantastic hotel...I am writing this the night of check i so I can't judge breakfast and check out....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Dave E, General Manager at Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

The staff and managers thank you so much for your recent Trip Advisor review of the Johnson Creek Comfort Suites. We work hard every day to ensure a comfortable stay at a reasonable price. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were travelling west and looking for a place to stay west of Milwaukee. This was a very nice stay. Our room was clean and spacious and the beds were comfortable. There was a minor problem with the microwave in our room and the front desk quickly brought us a replacement. The free breakfast was relatively typical but everything was well-stocked and the dining area was kept clean. The pool was very nice. There are basketball hoops in the pool-- a simple but fun extra. All of our interactions with the staff were very pleasant and helpful.

One note: the hotel was located a little distance from the other businesses at the exit. I was glad to have our GPS to guide us there--otherwise it would have been difficult to find.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Dave E, General Manager at Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

We are pleased that you had a pleasant experience during your recent visit to the Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek. Thank you for sharing that you enjoyed your stay. Please come visit on your next trip to the area- we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Once again I have been bamboozled by a Comfort Suites that is NOT one of the Choice Hotel franchises. We had to cancel our reservation and I am accustomed to the Choice Hotels cancellation policy as by 6 p.m. day of arrival. But when I called this Johnson Creek Comfort Suites to cancel our reservation at around Noon on the 18th, the day of arrival, I was told THEIR policy was 48 hrs. prior to date of arrival!!! We had not even left for our trip yet. I was charged for one night's stay.

THESE HOTELS WHICH ARE NOT PART OF THE CHOICE HOTELS SHOULD BE RED FLAGGED IN ORDER FOR THE TRAVELER TO BE CAUTIONED OF DIFFERENT POLICIES AND HOTEL QUALITY!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank medbay184

Thank you for your recent review of the Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek. Despite the confusion, we are an affiliated Choice franchise property. All reservations made through Choice or at the property individually are given the cancellation policies during the reservation procedure. Choice hotels leaves it up to individual franchised properties to set their own cancellation policies and you were charged accordingly.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Room was only so-so clean. Bathroom not cleaned well as lots of hair from previous guests. Shower curtain was in serious need of being washed. Several stains on the carpet, and dust & dirt in the corners. Needs a very thorough cleaning. Sheets and comforter were clean and crisp, and appeared to be new fairly recently. Hot water in the shower was just barely hot for the morning shower. Front desk clerk was very friendly at check in . While not a bad hotel, they need to pay some serious attention to the housecleaning. Will probably not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

On behalf of the staff here in Johnson Creek I would like to apologize for failing to meet your expectations concerning the cleanliness of your guest suite on your recent stay. I have spoken with all departments and emphasized the need for better and more thorough detailing of suites. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you are in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnson Creek
#1 of 1 in Lake Mills
Heritage Inn Hotel
Heritage Inn Hotel
#2 of 3 in Watertown

Been to Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek? Share your experiences!