“Truck stop atmosphere- really good breakfast”

Pine Cone Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Johnson Creek
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We love coming to the Pine Cone for breakfast. My husband always gets the rib eye steak and eggs and I always get the corned beef hash. His steak is usually the same size as you would get for dinner and is grilled for flavor. My hash is home made and not the mushy canned variety. Be sure to look in the bakery case on your way out. Things in there are huge!!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We went here for breakfast. We could not believe the amount of food they served us. Friendly staff at a good price. When we checked out, we bought a chocolate eclaire and cream puff, they were ginormous!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Great place to eat home cooked food at a reasonable price. They bake on site and have lots of great baked goods. Two section, one with counter and booth service, the other side with tables. She you families, seniors and truck drivers here. Open 24/7.
Worth a try!

2  Thank TravelingDiva13
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The caramel apples are something you've never had before.
But for dining, be sure to go across the road to Hiway Harry's for a great and very satisfying meal.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Living about 90 minutes apart now, my friend and I don't get together as often as we once did. Today, however, we decided to meet midway between Milwaukee and Madison for lunch at Pine Cone Restaurant in Johnson Creek.

This place was easy to find as it is conveniently located right off I-94, and is accessible from the Johnson Creek Outlet Mall. Before going, I read online reviews, most of which were positive. Today's special was turkey dinner with three sides. I ordered soup as one of my sides and was expecting a cup, but received a bowl full which was served with a huge dinner roll, homemade. Then the turkey arrived with hash browns and a side of dressing. Everything was delicious, although a bit salty.

I have read reviews that have been critical of the wait staff. Our server, whose name I can't provide, was just excellent! She was warm, friendly, and helpful, and unobtrusive once our food arrived.

You can't miss the bakery counter on the way out! They feature everything from eclairs, cream puffs, cookies, cake, and sweet rolls. If you're still hungry after your meal, you can indulge, or take a treat home for later.

If you are looking for hearty meal, or breakfast at any time of day, and are in the area, I enthusiastically recommend this restaurant. It's nothing fancy, but the food is tasty and the price is right.