“Is there a worse word than awful? If so this is the place....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jefferson
cheermom93
“Is there a worse word than awful? If so this is the place....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

My Dad was staying here for our family Christmas last weekend. We had asked if the kids could swim and were told that Yes for a $5 fee they can. When we arrived to see my Dad there was one car in the parking lot. I can only assume it was the front desk worker's vehicle. We walked in the lobby with 4 children and were told that we had "better be quiet and make no noise" at this point we hadn't even spoken to him. We went to the hotel room and were all talking, not very loudly by the way. The phone rang in the hotel room and we were told that my Dad's guest's needed to leave. That people were complaining. What people?? There were NO car's in the parking lot! My Dad said that "fine, we will just take the kids to the pool" and the front desk person said that No, we couldn't do that. So we brought up the $5 per person thing and were told that it was up to his discretion and that no we were not allowed to swim either. So,Thank you SO much Rodeway Inn for ruining my Christmas with my Dad. I will never, ever recommend you to anyone ever again. Also, my Dad is a veteran and he will spread the word that this is an awful place to stay.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank cheermom93

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had an experience at this place over the weekend that I am horrified about. I work for a company that provides services for individuals with intellectual disabilities. Over the weekend there was a malfunction with the security system at their home. The alarm started going off at about 2:00am. The Rodeway Inn was the only hotel with rooms available (RED FLAG), but they needed a place to stay so the hotel was called. When asked if there were indeed rooms available, the person who picked up the phone seemed annoyed, responded with a terse "ya", and hung up on the staff who was inquiring. Upon arriving at the hotel the front front desk attendant (I'm using the term "attendant" quite generously here) immediately informed the staff that the hotel "does not take 'those kind'", referring to the two individuals with disabilities. I was horrified by this response. Needless to say, our folks found a different place to stay. This behavior goes beyond rude and inappropriate, it si completely unacceptable - and illegal, by the way. Never, never, never stay at this hotel. Stay in your car or on a nice park bench if you have to, but NEVER give these people any of your hard-earned money.

Room Tip: Don't EVER stay here. Even if it is the last place on earth.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank sierraphoenix

Travelers are raving about these Jefferson hotels

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Unfortunately this hotel has been going steadily downhill since the current owners took over. No pets allowed, unfriendly to children, pool is not maintained. I stayed at this place many times over countless years as I have family nearby but I won't go back. I'll take my business to the Holiday Inn Express in Fort Atkinson.

Room Tip: The rooms aren't the most important thing. Lots of motels can give you a suitable room. What mat...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank KarenK985
Santee, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have only been here about an hour and am checking out!! The first room smelled like urine (the HORRIBLE and RUDE front desk attendant said it was "bleach") and the next room was musty and moldy smelling. They were going to charge an extra $12.00/day for our baby because that brought our total to 5 guests, even though we weren't going to use any of their cribs, sheets, etc. I didn't complain about that, but did complain when she was going to refuse a AAA discount because my husband didn't mention we had AAA when he booked the room more than a month ago. She finally relented and gave us the 10% AAA discount. We have stayed in numerous hotels for the past 3 weeks during our family vacation and have never encountered this disgusting of a room or rude behaviour! I then asked about breakfast and what would be served the next AM (a Wednesday) and she said "You will find out tomorrow". She also stated, after seeing our kids, that the pool is "adult swim only from 08-0900". In a hotel??? Really??? Never ever will we even CONSIDER this hotel. We chose it because we are visiting my husband's parents (who are in their 90's) who live in Jefferson. Next time we will be staying at the Johnson Creek Hotel just down the road, where we stayed a few nights ago before going to the Dells for a few days. The drive is nothing considering this disgusting place!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank snoopybecool
Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

The hotel is under fairly new ownership about 2years now. That is why earlier reviews are favorable. The man and women at the front desk do not speak English very well. They are extremely rude! They look for ways to get extra money out of you and you do feel watched every move you make. We were also told we would be kicked out if our kids did not stay quiet when we were checking in. The pool was cold and the breakfast was nothing. toast and packages of instant oatmeal. We could hardly wait to leave. we were out of there by 7 AM and didn't have to be! Very disappointed

Room Tip: Look in Janesville area only 20 mins away!!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank familyfun4_61990
IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

I called to verify if they allowed pets for a fee...as ADVERTISED on the website. The front desk WITCH said that they no longer allowed pets and was freaking rude to me and hung up!! Good grief!! I "used" to stay here in the past on business (w/o pets)...NEVER again!!!

You can at least be 'PROFESSIONAL...or maybe not!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank IlLibby123
la crosse
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

stayed in the rodeway motel in jefferson wisconsin,will never stay there again. the owners/manger of the motel was very rude and watched u like u were some kinda of prisoner. the breakfast was non existent and there wasnt even any waffles(this was a weekend stay to),the owner /manager even took the rolls that were out .away from us,and dont even think about takiong your kids into the hotub area, my grand son was chewed out for going in there and we were threatened to be kicked out.....never again we we stay there.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank tazzys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jefferson
Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek
#2 of 2 in Johnson Creek
3.0 of 5 stars 296 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Fort Atkinson
Quality Inn & Suites of Stoughton

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!