“Terrible Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Colorado
“Terrible Hotel”
Reviewed June 27, 2009

Stayed while visiting friends in Janesville. The room was dirty, there were bugs in the room. I travel with my dog, and the clerk at the front desk would not let me have a king bed room, although that was what my reservation was for, because I had a dog with me. She was rude about it. Although it was a non smoking room, it smelled of smoke. They advertise themselves as the nicest hotel in Janesville, it is very far from it, I would not recommend.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Tammy H, General Manager at Ramada Janesville, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
This review pre-dates the Ramada Brand and its management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Greek first
California
Reviewed August 19, 2008

We have stayed at many Best Western Hotels and have always enjoyed our stay. This hotel has dirty hallways, stained, etc. No continental breakfast!!! Very noisy!!!! We had to call the front desk!! Didn't help-----Also upon are arrival we were told by the girl at the counter that we could use our reward points and to tell the person when we check out. But when we went to check out the next morning another young lady told us she couldn't let us do that. We have several thousand points.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2008

Stayed for two weeks on business. Nice bar with occasional entertainment and a fantastic staff. Restaurant has decent food and opens early for breakfast at a decent price. Walls are thin and the A/C units are somewhat old but other than that an average motel.

• Liked — The bar.
  • Disliked — Wireless internet speed.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Stevens Point, WI
Reviewed September 22, 2007

Room was nice and clean, but very noisy. Had a room by the pool and the ice machine was outside. All night long the ice machine was filling up buckets for people. Then even at 3:30 a.m. was awoken by people outside the room giggling and talking. Didn't sleep very well with all the noise, but it was clean.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank Ipass
Farmington, Connecticut
Reviewed August 2, 2007

Ok there is NO reason to stay here unless your cousin Jethro kicked you out of his trailer. This place looked nice on the internet photos, and they said they had a recent remodel, but all that meant was that they had done some work on the bathrooms. However, that "work" on the bathrooms didn't actually mean CLEANING them. We noticed some previous guest had shoved a wad of hair into the dropped ceiling in the bathroom. Eewwww! There was very little staff, and those that were there were kind of indifferent...as in, when we went to cancel our rooms after the first night, they didn't even bat an eye (we had three rooms booked for three nights, wouldn't you think they would have cared to find out if there was a problem?). Anyway, if you absolutely MUST stay here, don't get a room near the pool because the heat from the pool area leaches into your room and the antiquated a/c units can't handle it and then you sweat all night and then you look as if you actually belong at this hotel. We switched over to the Hampton Inn for the next two nights and were delighted (don't be fooled by their pictures on the internet either - this place HAS, in fact, been remodeled and has beautiful fluffy white comforters and big thick towels. Whew.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank Lizzieb28
Indiana
Reviewed July 10, 2007

I normally stay at the Hampton Inn across the street, but I tried this Hotel because it was $10.00 cheaper. Oh what a mistake. The pool is in the center of the hotel and all the rooms circle around the pool. This was the loudest place I have ever stayed. The beds were very cheap and not comfortable.

Stayed July 2007
Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2006

I was in Janesville for a job interview and since I was coming from Canada, I was to stay at the Best Western (free of charge, of course) for one night.
I have to say, it was a VERY nice looking hotel, considering the rate. Nice pool, BEAUTIFUL room. I loved the fact that the television stations are all the kinds that we would need a satallite to view back home in Canada!! (Glad there were movie stations!!)

The hotel had one of the greatest tasting food (restaurants) I have ever been to, but the service wasn't great at all.

My bed was the best part! I had a nice big king sized bed (and it felt like I slept on a cloud.)
The hallways were noisy, but it dimmed down in the evening.

But this was the only flaw to my stay...I was asked to give a credit card for liability damage (just in case I broke something or whatnot.) But they CHARGED ME on my card, even though the company paid for it. It was just a stupid hassel to have to go through and it took me over a month before I credit was put back on my card. But here's the worst part...at the time I was charged, the US vs. Can dollar was low, so for example, 72 dollars american was like 89 dollars canadian, but when I was credited back, the currency conversion had changed...so instead of getting all 89 dollars back that was charged, I only got back 78 canadian dollars...that's an 11 dollar charge for no reason. Of course, the hotel couldn't do anything about it but apologize.

If I took the job in Janesville, I probably would reccomend this place to others, but NOT to Canadians.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business