See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 28, 2014

Upon arrival I was instantly greeted with "we've had a flea problem from all the gophers." Started out bad, but I decided to try and give it the benefit of the doubt. The room itself wasn't horribile, until I noticed the lady bug, and flea infestation. I literally had to shake the fleas off of the hand towel before I could use it. I did not feel safe at all, especially when I noticed that the back window had no lock on it.
Overall, terrible experience, and needless to say I will NEVER go back!

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Carolyn K
51Management, Owner at 51 Kitchenette Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Thank you very much for your brief visit and taking the time to post a review. Here at the motel we take claims of this nature VERY seriously. Your third-party agency booked and paid for the room on your behalf. However, they concealed the fact that you would be arriving with a 100 pound large dog, which we found out with no advance notice. Unfortunately, we are a Pet-Free motel and we explained that and why. We refunded back your agency the rent in full immediately, and your agency was suppose to turn around and refund you back. Upon discovery, your agency did not refund you back the money, they kept it. As well, you asked to see the room out of curiosity but had never checked in or stayed here at the motel, so how could it be possible that say there were fleas? The motel is pet-free for the comfort of our non-pet guests and there are no flea issues. This seems a unfair review due to miscommunication between 3 parties involved because of a refund fiasco, and that you had to find other last minute accommodations because of our pet-policy on the day you arrived. As evidenced by the guests in other reviews on this site, I am confident that your experience was the exception and not the standard and we are deeply saddened how things turned out. May I suggest in the future, screening the integrity of these fly-by-night agency's better. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I may be of personal service.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Wow! The place is so clean and quiet - I felt very comfortable during my stay. The area is secure with video cameras, which I find very important being a single female on my travels. The units are completely separate - it was as if I had a miniature single family home amongst a little town.

I would definitely stay here again if I have the chance. I really wish that the owners would show pictures of this motel that give the place justice!

Being a kitchenette, it's as you would expect - stove, refrigerator, place to sit and eat. I was able to cook myself some bacon, eggs, and have some orange juice for breakfast a couple of mornings when I had the time. It was so relaxing to go along at my own pace...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank DelaGina
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I can't say enough good things about this place. First of all it's a kicthenette with a full sized stove and refrig. The bed is new and large probably queen, nice bathroom. This place has been professionally remodeled. The motel is a couple 3 miles outside of town and very very quite. There is good security so much so I never locked my doors because it was well below 0 most of the time and my door locks would freeze. This is a place I would stay on vacation, I would put my mom and dad up here. Now you don't get room service here but these are realy apartments but they are fully furnished and a one night stay would be just as good as a 5 month stay. This place rates on my top 5 list compiled over 20 years on the road.

Room Tip: There are only 10 rooms here and I'm sure there all nice I think i was in 11.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business