“Worth every penny”
Review of Motel 6 Janesville

Motel 6 Janesville
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Great service and rooms. We stopped at the Best Western and Microtel and they weren't the nicest. Motel 6 had newer rooms and better pricing.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Garyhernandez

Reviewed October 2, 2011

We were looking for something in a higher class. But being Sat. Huskers, Badgers game everything was sold out except motel 6. It really was clean, comfortable,and affordable. The room was newly remodeled and the bedding smelled fresh.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Ms_Camper
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Never again will I stay at this hotel. The staff was not friendly, the room was small and cramped. And who thought up children bedspreads for the beds? Seriously??? I arrived at this hotel at 3AM, couldnt drive anymore. I did not get a good night sleep at all. There were work trucks all over the parking lot that was parked there all night, had to drive around to find a place just to park. there is a No Truck parking sign and I think about 9 trucks missed that sign. About the ONLY thing I like about this hotel was the shower. From now on I will be staying at a Red Roof Inn. The rooms are bigger and the staff is friendlier.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2011

This was the first stop on our road trip from Scotland (via Chicago) to Canada and Missouri and what a good decision I made. I had scoured Tripadvisor for motels in the Janesville area and to be honest was a bit wary, considering some bad reviews I had seen about Motel 6 properties in general. Anyway, being Scottish, the price seemed right and I took the plunge and was so glad I did. We were greeted warmly on arrival and had a recently refreshed 2 double bed room which was just fine for our needs. Ok it had no coffee maker in the room but there was free fresh coffee in the lobby from 6 am. A bonus was that there was a Cracker Barrel restaurant right next door. Overall this was a nice little motel which was clean, welcoming and more than adequate for our needs. We used other Motel 6 properties on our trip and were not disappointed by any of them.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank andyoScotland
Reviewed January 19, 2011

The woman at the desk was just great. The room was small, but fine for just me and my dog. I stay at Motel 6s a lot, and I thought this one was nice for a Motel 6 - clean and neat, everything working, comfortable bed. I was really pleased to find a microwave and small fridge in the room, at no extra charge! There is not a lot of grass for dog-walking, but enough to work. I was very satisfied with this motel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank survivorMichigan
Reviewed March 20, 2010

After a long day of driving on our return home to northern Wisconsin my husband and I chose to spend the night at Motel 6 at Janesville WI. The choice was based on the Motel 6 pet policy as we were traveling with our dog. We obtained a room and had expected only the basics in a room which it was. Exhausted after several hours of driving we immediately changed into our pajamas and intended to settle in for the night when puling back the bed covers noted the rumpled sheets with body hair all over them. It obviously appeared that the sheets on the first bed had not been changed! We then checked the second bed and found the sheets to be in the same state. Looking closer at the room I noted what looked like flecks of a dried substance on one of the walls (possibly phlegm?) next to one of the beds.
My husband went to the front desk and the clerk did offer to change our room. The clerk offered the excuse that the sheets were probably "forgotten" when the room was cleaned. As the beds were perfectly made with the Motel 6 brochure arranged on top, it seemed obvious that cleaning personnel had been in the room but "forgetting" the sheets is questionable. It was also obvious that the floor was not vacuumed and hair was still stuck to the shower wall from the previous occupant as well.
The hotel clerk did considerably discount our stay, but this will probably be our last experience with the Motel 6 chain. We have stayed at many Days Inn properties that allow pets and never encountered any issues to the extent we did at the Motel 6!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2008

Got into Janesville pretty late was really tried and the front desk clerk was great!!! She was able to get me check in to my room quick after expressing I had a long drive. Nice clean comfortable room look like they just it was redone. Would definity be back if I was in the area!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank liljimmy73