“Service was as bad as the food!”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #93 of 174 Restaurants in Janesville
Cuisines: American
Description: Janesville location of this chain.
Description: Janesville location of this chain.
DeForest, Wisconsin
“Service was as bad as the food!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had a small group of 8 people that dined here before a local tour. We had to wait a long time to be served, and only got served after I made contact with the waiteress! After we ordered it took a long time to be served our food. The waiteress served me a completely different meal from what I ordered. She didn't admit that she made a mistake, only later after I finally got the correct order. Everyone else was already done with their meals they had ordered before I even got mine. All I ordered was a simple plate of strawberry pancakes that tasted horrible. The only reason I even ate it was because I was so hungry from waiting so long. When the waiteress gave us the bill she then told us she made the mistake because "she was so busy" but that was only because she wasn't anywhere to be found. We did get my meal for free from which I expected after the mess and length of time that we had to wait for it. I thought that the end was done but, we had even more fun trying to pay our bill. The group had to stay in the same line because they told us the till could only ring up our bills on the same till due to the fact we were all at the same table. This is a first for me, never have we ever heard of such a thing. To top it all off, the manager was the one who rang us up. She asked everyone before me how everything was, when it was my turn to pay, she didn't say a word.

• Visited December 2012

Wisconsin
“Poor mgt allows for bad service & mundane food”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

They need a new manager, always takes forever to get seated and the food is blah. The desserts are good and the wait staff is usually pretty good, but the manager needs to do some cracking down.

• Visited October 2012
Janesville, Wisconsin
“COLD BREAKFAST FOOD THAT'S SUPPOSE TO BE HOT”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Monday Oct. 15th I don't like to write a bad review but this Perkins deserves it for serving the food luke warm, barely. I had the Southern Chicken Biscuits platter. Everything was cold including the eggs. The chicken was hard, like leftovers that had been cooked too long. I told the waitress about it and she put it in the microwave and it still came back cold. She said she couldn't warm it much because it would make the biscuits hard. My husbands was cold too all except for his potatoes. $26 for hot potatoes. We won't go back. I signed up for email coupons and was not told about the free muffin for signing up, I saw the badly worn sign taped to the register counter. This place needs work in all areas.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank JKing428
DuPage County, IL
“SO disappointed!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our party of four from the Chicago suburbs met up at Perkins in Janesville for breakfast before heading up to the Cranberry Festival In Warrens on Saturday, 9/29. We were seated quickly and got our menus and water quickly, but then seem to have been forgotten in the rush of other tables being seated. We ordered, then waited a very, very long time for our food to come. We received sausages and bacon that were UNDER cooked (after a half hour??), eggs that were over or under done, and the worst, their 'new' menu item, bananas Foster pancakes, arrived WITHOUT bananas OR Foster. The waiter was asked just to charge for regular pancakes, as we did not want to wait MORE time for the bananas and sauce to come out, but he assured us that it would just be a moment. If you know Bananas Foster, you know that it's all about warm bananas and sauce. When the server brought them out, BOTH had been simply taken from the refrigerator. We will NEVER stop at this Perkins again. Horrible service and mediocre food. Go up the road a little, there's another one at the Madison exit. And we've determined (by a member of our party eating there) that the Perkins at the Tomah exit is good.

• Visited September 2012
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Great Service & Food”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

No complaints, great service! It was busy but the workers got our food to us in a very timely manner. Would definately go again.

Visited August 2012