“Recommended place to”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Lititz
“Recommended place to”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Great place stay in Southern Wisconsin! Great Room Rate Value. Close to I90, Shopping Center, Travel Plaza and restaurant choices.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

hotel28413, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Janesville, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
We thank you for your review of our hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed July 31, 2013

From the outside, it looks ok. Once inside, it begins to look a little run down but still ok. We got to our room......it smelled terrible and it was so humid the carpet felt wet, the bathroom was awful!! There was pee on the toilet and hair in the tub! The desk is broke, the carpet is ripped, there was an oil spot on the mirror behind the bed like someone leaned on it, and mold on the ceiling (too much to get in one pic). Wait, I am not done....the walls are extremely dirrty (way way too much to get in pics because it was dirty EVERYWHERE) and even have dried bugars on them (see pics), the beds are ok but the curtains are missing all the hooks so they just hand down all over, cobwebs in the corners and the room just felt dirty. Now the kitchen area....the floors are so dirty, you stick to them and they left the soles of my shoes black. The microwave has food all over and sticks really bad. It is really too bad because they hotel has potential. My sister stayed here a few years ago and it was really quite nice. Either there are new owners since then and they don't give a crap or the original owners just got sick of cleaning. Either way, spend 10 dollars more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
hotel28413, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Janesville, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
We are sorry to hear that you had so many issues with your room during your stay. We have taken care of the issues mentioned in your complaint. I do hope you will give the hotel another try in the future.
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

For years we traveled during the summer with visiting grandchildren from Alaska & Russia. It was always clean & nice. This time, it looked newly remodeled with brown & black carpeting. Good, right? NOT! I noticed a few solid black pieces on bathroom floor and rug outside of bathroom. I thought our shoes must have brought in dirt. I got toilet paper and picked up the "debris." THEY WERE BLACK BUGS!! I picked up a total of 8! They were "whole" and now I recognized the smell: BUGSPRAY!! Then I saw a LIVE ONE crawling in the bathroom! Behind the dresser was a dirty filthy towel!! I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!

• Stayed July 2013
hotel28413, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Janesville, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
We do apologize that you had issues on your stay. Yes we had ants in a couple of the rooms and we sprayed the rooms for the ants. I am sorry that you did not bring this to the attention of the front desk so they could have moved you to a diffrent room. We do try to make every stay enjoyable and hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Well I ended up staying. Was supposed to be for 8 nights. I checked out of all rooms today..and to be honest. I qm happy. The smell in the hall and the rooms was too much. We hwd to keep the air in high so we didnt smell it...the owners are nice.. and front desk. Although I hate the fact the hotel is being cleaned by the family. Little kids and all. Only because I dont think a young boy cleans well enough for me. I never smell cleaner. . And if you stay.. and need to use internet.. dont stay in 101 102 or 103. No services at all.. not good when your office ison they read with you..ended up in my van 75 percent of my stay.. as I said below... I used to be in QA BEFORE microtel was owned by Wyndham. . So I dont know what they look for.. as for me.. I can say. .they dont have far to get up to standqrds.. they need to paint all door frames. They are rusted. Looks like dirt... and the tubs need refinished.. bathrooms need paint and caulk. Carpet in my room was clean. But it felt damp. The entire time. My daughter said her bathroom smelled like smoke. A bad experience for us . Because we In. Hotels almost 350 nighs a year.. for you.. it maybe good.. oh breakfast. Just some danish and bagel s that were in a bag. I was gonna get one but another guest put his hand in.. and went past the top one to get one below it.. eeew.. so I never went back. My daughter and nephews did.. they got oatmeal. ..

• Stayed July 2013
I am sorry that you had issues with your stay with us. We had talked to Charter and have gotten the internet working better down in those rooms. If we would have been told we could have tried to repair the issue during your stay. The smell you are talking about we are not sure what that is because we have a clean hotel and make sure that it is well kept at all times. We do hope that you will give us a chance again in the future.
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Well I am suppose to stay 7to 8 nights. 3 rooms. I just now checked in.. and yes the rooms smell. I actually used to be in QC for microtel.. I know why the smell. They need to clean the ac filters. Also they need leave ac on low.. the owners are trying to save money. Judging by the decor. ... I am sure I wont be too happy here. My My daughter room had pillows off tge bed. And room not clean. My bathtub is dirty. I have zero internet .. not sure why. I need my internet to work.. I will update you with another review soon as I can. . But for now I am a bit unhappy... I travel 300 plus nights a year. And so I dont tolerate much when it it comes to clean...

• Stayed July 2013
I do apologize that you seemed to have issues with your rooms. If you would have made the front desk aware of these items they would have been addressed right away. I do hope that you will stay with us again.