“Tiny, Dirty, Stinky little room - READ ME”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Janesville
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Reviewed April 28, 2012

booked this hotel cuz i decided to give the other "good" reviews the benefit of the doubt... it was not a good experience. I would never stay here again. The sheets had a brown stain, and somebody elses hair was in them, dirty floors in the bathroom, the room was ice cold when we got there and smelt a little mildewy, then when we turned on the heater in the room, the air blowing out kinda stunk! On top of that we had gotten a room w/ a queen size bed and was figuring that i would at least have room to turn around, Barely! This hotel may be a cheaper option in the Janesville area, but considering the environment you will be staying in, it is over-priced and NOT WORTH IT!

Room Tip: want a good room? stay anywhere but here!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
hotel28413, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

We do apologize for the stay you had at our hotel. If you would have told the front desk about the issues you were having they could have moved you to a diffrent room. We do inform all guests that when you first turn on the heaters there will be a little odor omitted from it because they have not been used in a while. Again we apologize for your stay but if you would have informed the desk they could have made your stay better.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We needed an inexpensive hotel because we were in town for a funeral. It is a good value for the money. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

We thank you for staying at our hotel and hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

The rooms were tiny! So I guess it lived up to its name. The room we had was cold, so they had to bring in a space heater. But then in the middle of the night it got too warm. Needless to say it was not too comfortable. The rooms were clean so that's a plus. And the price for the room was good. Considering the size of this city it was one of the top options for motels/hotels.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the lobby.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
hotel28413, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do hope that you will give our hotel another chance in the future.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Once again I'm very happy that I made my own decision on a place and was not chased away by some bad or mediocre reviews. This is a wonderful, spotlessly clean, comfortable little motel. Wifi was great (very important for me) they had a nice breakfast, an exceedingly friendly and almost waiting to jump to please staff. And the rate was an incredible value. I loved this motel. I'm on a trip that goes until the end of May where I'll be traveling around to many cities. This was a superb little hotel. Microtel rooms tend to be smaller but they are very well designed in their compact design, extremely comfortable. Great TV selection here as well. Absolutely no complaints on my end ....only compliments.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2012

This Microtel is slightly above average for the brand. The room was clean / comfortable, the staff was friendly and I had minimal complaints during my stay. The only room for Improvement I would suggest would be to keep a better eye on the morning's breakfast. When I arrived (Sometime after 08:30, so towards the tail end) the selection was quite empty. I stayed at this property for almost two weeks. Only one issue was some noise neighbors, the overnight staff took almost a half hour to respond to my complaint.

Pros: Good staff, well maintained property, good location, truck parking, excellent WI FI coverage

Cons: Breakfast needs improvement, staff should respond to noise complaints more quickly.

As Microtels go, I would rate this property an 8 out of 10, overall a 7 out of 10. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2012

For the price, this hotel was a good value. The room was clean and didn't have an objectionable odor. There were a few little things like mold on the shower curtain that prevented me from giving it a higher rating.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Our daughter and granddaughters were traveling to spend Thanksgiving with my mother. As my daughter had worked all day the day prior to Thanksgiving, she could not make it all the way to her grandmother's house that day, so I booked a room for her and her daughter's at this hotel.

Just before midnight, she got to Janesville and forgot which exit to take, so she called the hotel to find out which exit she should take. Her first call she was told to call back in a few minutes, which she did. On her second call the front desk clerk was pretty rude and seemed put out that he had to provide directions to my daughter.

After finally checking in, she was given a room that had a considerable amount of mildew in it and she requested another room. Again the front desk clerk seemed miffed and as if she was nothing but a pain in his posterior, but he did change her room.

After entering the second room, she discovered it also had mildew in it, but less so, so she decided it was late, she and her daughters were exhausted and she didn't want to tick off the front desk clerk any further, so they went to bed and arose early the next morning and left.

I complained to Microtel Corporate about this and was then asked by this hotel to fill out a customer survey, which I did. I received a response from the franchise owner advising that he apologized and said his front desk clerk was new and needed additional training. That was it. Nothing about the mildew in the rooms being taken care of.

I advised him that bleach was a cheap fix for mildew and that his interviewing skills needed some honing so that he did not hire people with a bad attitude into the service industry.

My recommendation is that you not stay at this hotel. Pay a few dollars more and stay at a better hotel!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
hotel28413, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

We do apoligize for the mildew issue in the room. We had not been informed that the issue was still there we had just treated the issue about two weeks before their reservation. I did make sure that the issue was addressed this time and we no longer have this issue.