“GREAT Little Motel”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
San Diego, California
“GREAT Little Motel”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Once again I'm very happy that I made my own decision on a place and was not chased away by some bad or mediocre reviews. This is a wonderful, spotlessly clean, comfortable little motel. Wifi was great (very important for me) they had a nice breakfast, an exceedingly friendly and almost waiting to jump to please staff. And the rate was an incredible value. I loved this motel. I'm on a trip that goes until the end of May where I'll be traveling around to many cities. This was a superb little hotel. Microtel rooms tend to be smaller but they are very well designed in their compact design, extremely comfortable. Great TV selection here as well. Absolutely no complaints on my end ....only compliments.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 14, 2012

This Microtel is slightly above average for the brand. The room was clean / comfortable, the staff was friendly and I had minimal complaints during my stay. The only room for Improvement I would suggest would be to keep a better eye on the morning's breakfast. When I arrived (Sometime after 08:30, so towards the tail end) the selection was quite empty. I stayed at this property for almost two weeks. Only one issue was some noise neighbors, the overnight staff took almost a half hour to respond to my complaint.

Pros: Good staff, well maintained property, good location, truck parking, excellent WI FI coverage

Cons: Breakfast needs improvement, staff should respond to noise complaints more quickly.

As Microtels go, I would rate this property an 8 out of 10, overall a 7 out of 10. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed January 13, 2012

For the price, this hotel was a good value. The room was clean and didn't have an objectionable odor. There were a few little things like mold on the shower curtain that prevented me from giving it a higher rating.

• Stayed January 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Our daughter and granddaughters were traveling to spend Thanksgiving with my mother. As my daughter had worked all day the day prior to Thanksgiving, she could not make it all the way to her grandmother's house that day, so I booked a room for her and her daughter's at this hotel.

Just before midnight, she got to Janesville and forgot which exit to take, so she called the hotel to find out which exit she should take. Her first call she was told to call back in a few minutes, which she did. On her second call the front desk clerk was pretty rude and seemed put out that he had to provide directions to my daughter.

After finally checking in, she was given a room that had a considerable amount of mildew in it and she requested another room. Again the front desk clerk seemed miffed and as if she was nothing but a pain in his posterior, but he did change her room.

After entering the second room, she discovered it also had mildew in it, but less so, so she decided it was late, she and her daughters were exhausted and she didn't want to tick off the front desk clerk any further, so they went to bed and arose early the next morning and left.

I complained to Microtel Corporate about this and was then asked by this hotel to fill out a customer survey, which I did. I received a response from the franchise owner advising that he apologized and said his front desk clerk was new and needed additional training. That was it. Nothing about the mildew in the rooms being taken care of.

I advised him that bleach was a cheap fix for mildew and that his interviewing skills needed some honing so that he did not hire people with a bad attitude into the service industry.

My recommendation is that you not stay at this hotel. Pay a few dollars more and stay at a better hotel!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
hotel28413, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Janesville, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
We do apoligize for the mildew issue in the room. We had not been informed that the issue was still there we had just treated the issue about two weeks before their reservation. I did make sure that the issue was addressed this time and we no longer have this issue.
Haines City, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Just on our way to visit relatives and driving in the winds made for a tiring drive so we pulled of the road for a good rest didnt want to spend lots of money and were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Only complaint was the free breakfast was very minimal.

• Stayed October 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Was in town for Water Ski Show Nationals and from past reviews decided to give the hotel my business. WRONG DECISION. Checked into room and it appeared clean, later to find dirty underwear under bed. First night A/C kept comming on and off and never really cooled the room. When I got back from the tournament the next night I called down to the desk to report that the A/C was not working at all and the room was about 87 degrees. The Desk Clerk on duty told me to turn the thermostat up and down a couple of times and it would work. Tried but not luck, she then informed me that there was nothing that she could do, all rooms were sold. I finally went and bought a fan to cool the room down some.
Next morning I reported the problem to the Desk Clerk and she said there was nothing she could do. Very rudely I must say. Will never stay at a Microtel again. Learned my lesson.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I have stayed at this motel on the average of 10-nights a year for the last 5-years and have always been satisfied with the clean and comfortable rooms. The WIFI and cable are adequate and there is a free computer for those who don't have a laptop. There had been some issues with smoke, but those have been corrected as the property is now smoke free.

This is not a 5-star luxury hotel. But for 50 or 60 a night, right off the interstate, with ample chain restaurants and an upscale (for Janesville) shopping center nearby, this clean, safe, comfortable motel is fine.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business