“Was disappointed at first cuz room reeked awful and no...”
Review of Super 8 Janesville

Super 8 Janesville
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Reviewed August 20, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Carlyn T, Manager at Super 8 Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Janesville

Reviewed August 11, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Carlyn T, Manager at Super 8 Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Reviewed August 7, 2013

After the one night on the road at Days Inn in Bloomington I was hesitant about the next motel but I was very nicely surprised. The people were friendly, smiled and were easy to understand.
Check in was pleasant I'd made the 3 night reservation through Priceline so we got the rooms for the promised 57$ for two beds. The rooms had coffee pots, microwaves, Iron and Iron board plus a frig that worked well enough it froze my icepack for the trip home.
The attitude at the hotel was so refreshing! I would recommend it to family and friends.
The rooms were clean and the air worked well once we dropped it enough.
The mattress was very comfy and the pillows were different enough I could find one that supported my neck.
The only problem I have with almost all Hotels is they don't provide plugs to charge all my stuff. The one available was wore out so I ended up unplugging the light by the bed and charging my tablet there while I read it.
All in all lovely clean place to sleep.

Room Tip: No pool :(
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Carlyn T, Manager at Super 8 Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a brief response. I'm glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay. Our faces are the first thing you see when you walk in the front door, and to be able to see a smile that is refreshing is great.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our drive to northern Wisconsin. We found it to be adequate in every way. We were just there to sleep, so we didn't need a pool for the kids. Be advised, we had a double queen room with a rollaway bed and we had to push one of the queens over to make it extra bed fit. It was tight, but we made it. (There is an extra $10.00 for the rollaway.)
I found the lady at the front desk to be pleasant and helpful. They charged us twice for the extra bed, but I called from the road and they fixed it right away.
The breakfast was just fine for us.
We would probably crash here overnight again. The price was right.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a brief comment. We enjoyed having you here at the Janesville Super 8. Thank you for calling the property so that we could take care of your extra charge on the bill. Please come back and stay with us when you are in the Janesville area.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Carlyn T, Manager at Super 8 Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Not enough handicapped parking nor enough parking in general for paying guests. Shower chair didn't fit in the tub so I couldn't use it. People above us had kids and the noise from them running all over the room kept me awake. On a positive note - the room was clean and the we got a good room rate. I guess you get what you pay for. Don't think I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time for leaving us a comment and for your stay here at the Janesville Super 8. We work our hardest to meet every guests expectations. When you are in Janesville we welcome you back to stay with us here at the Super 8.

Carlyn

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Tried to check in early and they refused to let us check in early around 1:30pm. Came back around 3 and the front desk person was not very friendly, in fact he told us not to park over by the bird shi*. I was in shock to hear him swear like that. Got to the room and they switched my room type, walked back to the fd and he switched me rooms. Got to the room and found bugs in the bathroom and my pillow case had gross yellow stains all over it. Checked for bed bugs and found NONE so we stayed as i was ready to check out at this point. Had to call the fd to get the WIFI password as i could not find it anywhere in the room. As I was staying on an employee stay and a manager of a hotel i was very disappointed in this Super 8 and the front desk person & the room. I only for coffee in the Bk room so i can't comment on the breakfast & what they all offered.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We also enjoyed you as a guest at our Super 8 location. I have spoken with the employee about using swear words around guests, and the proper action has been taken. We just received all new linen for the beds, as well as new towels and such. When you are in Janesville again we would like for you to stay here with us for a better experience.

Carlyn, Manager