“Great room for a great price”
Review of Super 8 Janesville

Super 8 Janesville
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Mankato, Minnesota
“Great room for a great price”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I read the reviews of this hotel, and I still decided to stay there due to its closeness to the highway. The room was clean and well maintained. I really enjoyed the staff members. One in particular was nice and friendly. I believe her name was Carlynn. I will stay there everytime I am in Janesville.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cincinnati
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times. I recommend it and would stay there again.

It is cozy and the price is right. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, the breakfast is typical, and there was a waffle maker. I have no complaints.

The only minuses I can think of is that they do not allow pets and the entries involve stairs, but there are ramps.

Tip: The hotel is a little hard to see from the street. There is a large billboard in front of it which seems to hide it a bit. Also, as their signs say, avoid parking under the billboard because birds naturally like to sit on it.

Another tip: The pizza at the gas station next door is surprisingly good. :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Seymour
Reviewed November 26, 2011

The hotel staff was extremely friendly. The room we stayed in was very clean and well lit. One of the best Super 8 hotels I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Pekin, Illinois
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Motel is not very friendly for handicapped people. There are no rooms on ground level and no elevator. The is a long ramp to the door the 2 more ramps to the only floor someone in a wheel chair have access.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Mount Vernon, Indiana
Reviewed September 4, 2011

They have upgraded a lot of items in the last 4 years. Very clean and the staff is very nice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed August 28, 2011

After reading some of the reviews, my expectations weren't high -- but it was good to see that the manager took time to respond.

From the time we checked in, we had a good experience. The room was nice and clean. Beds were very comfortable (not too soft or too hard) and there were plenty of pillows!

Staff was friendly and helpful when asked for a few things.

The morning breakfast is really great and we were back on the road easily thanks to the excellent location. We will definitely visit this location again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Columbia City, Indiana
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We have stayed here mulitple times in the past 5-6 years. The room we are assigned is always clean, bed is comfy,etc, and we have always been assisgned a room on the 2nd floor. This time we were placed on the 1st floor. The room was not as tastefully decorated, or in as good as shape as the rooms we have had on the 2nd floor. My husband went to use their free wi-fi on our laptop and found it couldn't even locate wi-fi. I called the front desk and was informed that the wi-fi doesn't work on that end of the building, however we could use the computer in the lobby. No thank you, we would like to use the wi-fi that is adverstised as free with the room and in the privacy of our room! I took a shower first in the morning, and the water had not drained by the time my husband went and took his shower. There are some minor maintenance issues, and possible modem issues with wi-fi, but we will stay here again. It's not bad for the money and it's convenient for us and close to our family when we are visiting. However, when making our next reservation we will request a room NOT on the 1st floor.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family