“Better now that remodeling is done”

Baymont Inn & Suites Janesville
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Ames, Iowa
“Better now that remodeling is done”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

It's a great location, close to Interstates 90 and 39. The rooms are clean and quiet. I've stayed here 3 times and haven't had any issues. The most recent visit was over the Labor Day weekend. The staff are pleasant and accommodating. The breakfast is not bad, especially concerning it's free. I would recommend this place to anyone and will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
kim195857, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Janesville, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you. Just so you know we are still improving everyday. It was nice to hear our staff is friendly and you had a nice stay. We look forward to seeing yiu again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Boonville, Missouri
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Ok hotel, being remodeled and up dated when I was there in May 2012. Nice friendly staff on all shifts. Next door to a Denny's resturant with good food, fast service. Room was nice size with a hot tub. Bed was a tad soft but nice sized. Price made up for any short comings due to the remodeling process. Plenty of off street parking, good location. Price was right. I believe after remodeling this could be a choice hotel within the area.

Room Tip: I believe the jacuzzie suites are the best value for your money.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the review. We appreciate you as a guest and want your stay to be memorable. Look for more improvements.
Washington Island, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The Baymont Inn located in Janesville, WI is ideally suited and priced for business travel to Janesville. The staff is very competent and very accommodating. The rooms are clean and suitably appointed. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
kim195857, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Janesville, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for staying with us we appreciate it. It is our pleasure to have you as a guest. We do try our best and we are always trying to improve. Thank you again
Janesville
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I have to say we would never stay at the Baymont again! We booked 3 rooms together a month in advance for a family get together with some friends as well for my Son's 18th birthday with plans to have a good time at the pool with my son and his friends. They are all swimmers.
First off we booke our rooms a month in advance and were promised 3 rooms together because there was plenty of space at that time, just to find out that we got 1 room next to the gym and that room smelled like a mens locker room! The other room was clear down the hall and the third room was booked on 4th floor!
We feel we got pushed aside to accomidate a wedding party and a huge Jr. Baseball team. Anyway we decided to just make the best of it, but the biggest dissapointment of all was we never got to swim because the Jr. Baeball team monopolized the pool the whole evening and the staff would make no effort to do anything about it when we told them about it! so we spent the good part of our stay in our rooms! ( could have done that at home) Not to mention they monopolized the continental breakfast as well.
Each time we tried to have someone do something about it, it was as if we didn't matter because they where shelling out the most money!!!
So if you ask me how our stay was at the Baymont? We spent almost $300.00 for the worst time in our life and I will never stay at another Baymont nor will I ever recommend them to anyone! As a matter of fact I would do just the opposite!
I was a paying customer as well as all those big groups and deserved better treatment then I recieved. You need to work on accomidating your customers equally much much more!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

kim195857, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Janesville, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
We are sorry that your stay was unsatisfactory. We did get all your rooms on the same floor and the coach of the team was talked to and told to control his team. We do our best to accomodate special requests, sometimes we cannot.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I recenlty booked rooms at this hotel for my wedding guests to say. I ended up having 2 groups book at this hotel. The day before the wedding I dropped gift bags off at the reception desk to give to my guests when they checked in. They woman working the desk had me put a post-it note on each gift bag with the name of the guest. I was slightly worried that they did not add a note into the computer system but trusted that they had given out wedding gift bags before and knew what they were doing.

Once the wedding was over; I discovered from one of my guests that they did not receive their gfft bag. Unfortunately my husband and I had left for our honeymoon so I needed to wait a week until I contacted the hotel. When we returned from our honeymoon, I immediately called the hotel and asked to speak with a manager. All the manager could say to me was "I'm sorry I don't know what happened to the bag". I was a bit upset and ask that she look into the situation and try to find out whether it was lost, given to the wrong person, stolen etc. She informed me that she would call me after she looked into the situation.

After 2 weeks I had still not received a call back from Baymont. I called them again and asked to speak with the manager. I was directed to her voicemail and I left her a message explaining my situation again and asking that she call me back. I STILL did not receive a call back. Another week passed and I called the hotel again. I was told that the manager was on vacation for the next 2 days so I again left her a voicemail message. That was the third time I had contacted the hotel and I am still waiting on a response after 5 days from the 3rd call.

I am appalled by this customer service and can not believe that I am not even granted a return phone call to update me on the situation. I spent a good amount of money on my gift bags and expected that they would make it to my guets. Obviously management is not competent at this location and I will never recommend anyone to book or stay here!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chelsey B
kim195857, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Janesville, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
WE do sympathize with you and totally understand your frustration. This is not our usual practice. There is no excuse for this. We do our best . This time our best wasn't very good and we do apologize. No excuses, we dropped the ball on this one. We do hope you will have a change of heart and give us another try.
Stillman Valley
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My family and I stayed here twice, once a couple of years ago and then again last year. We almost didn't book again, but the price was so enticing, and I like to give most places a second chance. I was glad we returned. What jumped out at me was the difference in the beds, they had improved dramatically in comfort level and eye test. I just can't get over how affordable it is here, usually around 75.00, for a couple and 85.00 for a family. That is hard to beat. The pool is average, and there is a hot tub that works well. If you aren't looking for a 5 star, you'll be thrilled with the extra 20-40 bucks in your pocket when you wake up.

Room Tip: If your looking to swim with family, don't go on Saturday night, everybody has the same plan!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
kim195857, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Janesville, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you so much for giving us a 2nd chance. We are glad you shared your experience and that we have improved, we are doing a lot of improvements and hopefully it makes yours and everyones stay better. Thank you again.
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed July 9, 2012

***SEE BELOW FOR REASON I DID NOT GIVE THIS 5 STARS

We booked this May trip for a Ren-Faire in Janesville. The front desk clerk was very nice and matched the on line rate I brought with me. That was a definite plus. The room was nice. We did not use the restaurant/breakfast area. I do not believe they had room service either. The location for easy accss to the tollway was perfect. the room was clean and nice. No musty odors or smoking smells. Everything felt very clean. I LOVED being able to open windows..not forced to turn on the fan or air conditioning. So that is a definite plus here.

***Because this is a nonsmoking faciity, there were people smoking right outside the hotel entrance. This should have been moved further from the door. Going in and out was like going through a smoke screen. AND if you had a front facing room, the smoke came up into the rooms. Other than than, would have been a 5.

Room Tip: Book for the back of the hotel to avoid the noise and smoke.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Janesville, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a reveiw. We appreciate your comments and will definitely try to create an outside smoking area away form the building. Again thank you for staying with us.