“Worst Hotel Stay Ever!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Janesville
“Worst Hotel Stay Ever!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I have to say we would never stay at the Baymont again! We booked 3 rooms together a month in advance for a family get together with some friends as well for my Son's 18th birthday with plans to have a good time at the pool with my son and his friends. They are all swimmers.
First off we booke our rooms a month in advance and were promised 3 rooms together because there was plenty of space at that time, just to find out that we got 1 room next to the gym and that room smelled like a mens locker room! The other room was clear down the hall and the third room was booked on 4th floor!
We feel we got pushed aside to accomidate a wedding party and a huge Jr. Baseball team. Anyway we decided to just make the best of it, but the biggest dissapointment of all was we never got to swim because the Jr. Baeball team monopolized the pool the whole evening and the staff would make no effort to do anything about it when we told them about it! so we spent the good part of our stay in our rooms! ( could have done that at home) Not to mention they monopolized the continental breakfast as well.
Each time we tried to have someone do something about it, it was as if we didn't matter because they where shelling out the most money!!!
So if you ask me how our stay was at the Baymont? We spent almost $300.00 for the worst time in our life and I will never stay at another Baymont nor will I ever recommend them to anyone! As a matter of fact I would do just the opposite!
I was a paying customer as well as all those big groups and deserved better treatment then I recieved. You need to work on accomidating your customers equally much much more!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

kim195857, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Janesville, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
We are sorry that your stay was unsatisfactory. We did get all your rooms on the same floor and the coach of the team was talked to and told to control his team. We do our best to accomodate special requests, sometimes we cannot.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I recenlty booked rooms at this hotel for my wedding guests to say. I ended up having 2 groups book at this hotel. The day before the wedding I dropped gift bags off at the reception desk to give to my guests when they checked in. They woman working the desk had me put a post-it note on each gift bag with the name of the guest. I was slightly worried that they did not add a note into the computer system but trusted that they had given out wedding gift bags before and knew what they were doing.

Once the wedding was over; I discovered from one of my guests that they did not receive their gfft bag. Unfortunately my husband and I had left for our honeymoon so I needed to wait a week until I contacted the hotel. When we returned from our honeymoon, I immediately called the hotel and asked to speak with a manager. All the manager could say to me was "I'm sorry I don't know what happened to the bag". I was a bit upset and ask that she look into the situation and try to find out whether it was lost, given to the wrong person, stolen etc. She informed me that she would call me after she looked into the situation.

After 2 weeks I had still not received a call back from Baymont. I called them again and asked to speak with the manager. I was directed to her voicemail and I left her a message explaining my situation again and asking that she call me back. I STILL did not receive a call back. Another week passed and I called the hotel again. I was told that the manager was on vacation for the next 2 days so I again left her a voicemail message. That was the third time I had contacted the hotel and I am still waiting on a response after 5 days from the 3rd call.

I am appalled by this customer service and can not believe that I am not even granted a return phone call to update me on the situation. I spent a good amount of money on my gift bags and expected that they would make it to my guets. Obviously management is not competent at this location and I will never recommend anyone to book or stay here!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chelsey B
kim195857, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Janesville, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
WE do sympathize with you and totally understand your frustration. This is not our usual practice. There is no excuse for this. We do our best . This time our best wasn't very good and we do apologize. No excuses, we dropped the ball on this one. We do hope you will have a change of heart and give us another try.
Stillman Valley
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

My family and I stayed here twice, once a couple of years ago and then again last year. We almost didn't book again, but the price was so enticing, and I like to give most places a second chance. I was glad we returned. What jumped out at me was the difference in the beds, they had improved dramatically in comfort level and eye test. I just can't get over how affordable it is here, usually around 75.00, for a couple and 85.00 for a family. That is hard to beat. The pool is average, and there is a hot tub that works well. If you aren't looking for a 5 star, you'll be thrilled with the extra 20-40 bucks in your pocket when you wake up.

Room Tip: If your looking to swim with family, don't go on Saturday night, everybody has the same plan!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
kim195857, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Janesville, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you so much for giving us a 2nd chance. We are glad you shared your experience and that we have improved, we are doing a lot of improvements and hopefully it makes yours and everyones stay better. Thank you again.
Elgin, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

***SEE BELOW FOR REASON I DID NOT GIVE THIS 5 STARS

We booked this May trip for a Ren-Faire in Janesville. The front desk clerk was very nice and matched the on line rate I brought with me. That was a definite plus. The room was nice. We did not use the restaurant/breakfast area. I do not believe they had room service either. The location for easy accss to the tollway was perfect. the room was clean and nice. No musty odors or smoking smells. Everything felt very clean. I LOVED being able to open windows..not forced to turn on the fan or air conditioning. So that is a definite plus here.

***Because this is a nonsmoking faciity, there were people smoking right outside the hotel entrance. This should have been moved further from the door. Going in and out was like going through a smoke screen. AND if you had a front facing room, the smoke came up into the rooms. Other than than, would have been a 5.

Room Tip: Book for the back of the hotel to avoid the noise and smoke.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Janesville, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a reveiw. We appreciate your comments and will definitely try to create an outside smoking area away form the building. Again thank you for staying with us.
Buffalo City WI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

WE WERE TIRED AND READY TO STOP? My husband made reservations at the holiday inn express only to get there and tell us they had no rooms. The nicefront lady staff called the baymont inn for us, and the did have rooms, we drove over here and were met by a very nice young man who found us a room on the fourth floor. When we walked into it, it was a sauna!,, the air would not work right. The front desk staff checked it and had us follow him down the hall to a new room, nice suite,,nice and cool. He made sure we were comfortable before he left. The room must be an upgrade, beds are comfortable. Nice sized room mini fridge and microwave, couch and work place...

Room Tip: Perhaps not right next to the elevator, although its pretty quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

kim195857, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Janesville, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you had a nice stay and to hear that the desk clerk was helpful. Please note that the A/C issue was addressed. Hope you will try us again.
Crossville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Front desk woman was so nice! Our first room didn't have a refrigerator, so we called her and she had the keys for another room ready by the time we got downstairs. She also recommended the Hhhfffrrrggghhh Inn for dinner and it was awesome! The fitness room has a decent treadmill, elliptical, bike and a few hand weights. It could use a fan! The room was comfortable, WI-Fi was free. Regarding the remodeling; it appears that it has been ongoing since at least last September. I would recommend that the owners finish one area before starting another. The fitness area was messy, the halls messy and especially the staircases. That being said, we did like the hotel and will be staying there again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
kim195857, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Janesville, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we take them very seriously. We were glad to hear that the desk clerk was very helpful, that's what were here for. We are aware that the remodeling is taking a long time, but good news the carpet has arrived and is being installed 6/12/12. The fitness center is also receiving new carpeting and another treadmill and mirrors. Thank you for the idea of adding a fan in addition to the A/C already in there.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

There are so many nice hotel chains that have gone up in Janesville that one would think that the older hotels would want to compete. But not the case with the Baymont. Hotel was very worn out! Carpets were dirty in all hallways and in rooms. Bathrooms needed new tile and caulking. Beds need new sheets and covers. Everything was worn, worn, worn. The staff I will say was pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was OK, better than most. But I would shop around for a newer, cleaner, more modern hotel if you are coming to Janesville WI. Also, there was only one restaurant next to the hotel,(Denny's) the next closest one was 5 miles away.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
kim195857, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Janesville, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
I do apologize for your poor stay. We are aware of these issues and our new hall and room carpeting is scheduled to arrive June 4,2012. We are trying to do as you say and update the property. it is our intention to continue to improve our hotel through the remodeling we our doing. Please consider trying us again and see our improvements.