“Decent hotel, decent stay, a place to crash”

Hampton Inn Janesville
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We've stayed here a couple of times just for a decent place to stay overnight after visiting friends. If you come in with the notion that you're getting a standard, clean, decent hotel room and you just need some shut-eye, then you'll be fine with this place. We've never used the pool area or breakfast. One thing did strike me as odd - we came back around midnight and the foyer plaque says that the doors are locked at night for safety (ie, you use your pass key to enter the building). We walked right in as the doors were fully unlocked. Also, there was no one at the front desk, no sound of anyone around (it was the same that afternoon when we checked in - we had to call out for someone). Not too big a deal for us, but if something like that is an issue for you, it would have left a bad taste in your mouth.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay at the Hampton Inn of Janesville. Your feedback is a valuable component in monitoring our success and identifying areas that need improvement.

Meeting your expectations is our primary objective and I apologize that we fell short of that goal. Your comments are being reviewed with my staff so that corrections can be made.

Once again, I appreciate your comments and thoughts on my property. It is my hope that you will look to stay at my property on future trips.

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

no working pool heaters and no out of order sign, led me to freeze in a 72 degree pool. Got "sorry" from the desk. 100 percent guarantee or its free, nope got an offer of another nights stay instead. Good breakfast, nice room, quiet.

1  Thank Karen F
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Reviewed April 9, 2014

This hotel was up to the usual Hampton standards. Prompt, friendly service. Fresh, clean, comfortable rooms. And a Cracker Barrel within walking distance made it very convenient to take my children to dinner on my own.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I want to thank you for selecting the Hampton Inn of Janesville for your stay. I’m happy that you enjoyed it. We understand you have many lodging choices and we appreciate your business.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Janesville or our surrounding area.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Hampton Inn is the best place to stay when traveling. The one in Janesville is terrific! Newly remodeled rooms were awesome. Rooms are always clean and beds comfy, a nice breakfast in the morning, and internet included, all for a decent price. Hampton Inn is the first hotel I check online where ever we are traveling!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

The Internet connection at this hotel is not very good. Sadly, the service provider doesn't seem to monitor the connection speed and respond proactively. So, by the time you report a problem, and the hotel contacts its service provider, and the service provider schedules a repair visit, we've already checked out and are on our way.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Pretty good across the board, clean, nice fitness center, good location, nice room. The breakfast was a bit above standard, they had nice donuts which you don't see everywhere. The oatmeal was right (not dried up or too soupy, a pet peeve of mine), and the eggs were on the dry side which I like. You have to drive to eat (under the interstate), but it only takes a minute or two (try the Milwaukee Grill a few blocks away!).

Room Tip: One side is on the interstate so make sure you have a room where you want it to be.