“Great Hotel Staff”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Janesville, United States
“Great Hotel Staff”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Let's face it, most hotels are pretty much the same. The only thing that changes are the food and the staff. The Hampton Inn has a fair breakfast (if you want better, go to the Embassy Suites...and pay triple the room price!), but I was very impressed with the staff I dealt with. They actually treated me like a *gasp* guest! Excellent overall value and service.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
I want to thank you for selecting the Hampton Inn of Janesville for your stay. I’m happy that you enjoyed it. We understand you have many lodging choices and we appreciate your business.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Janesville or our surrounding area. If there is anything I can assist you with to make your future visits more enjoyable please feel free to contact me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Lemont, United States
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Hampton Inn Janesville Wisconsin offers a great value for the money. The service was very good and the location offers easy access to the business community. Very nice selection for complimentary breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Janesville or our surrounding area
Penfield, NY, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel throughout the years while on business in Janesville, WI and I have experienced it before and after remodeling. Remodeling did not turn hotel into luxury hotel however inside of the room it almost feels like it is luxury hotel. Hotel and it's room is in an excellent condition for mid-range hotel. If you are fitness fanatic don't expect hotel gym to provide all the bells and whistles you need.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, December 10, 2013

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I like staying at Hamptons because the bedding is cleaner-this was no exception. I booked my stay through Expedia so check-in literally took less than three minutes. I loved all the bathroom counter space. Breakfast was great but the only thing that I found distasteful was the hotel staff (front desk) eating breakfast at one of the lobby tables.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed here as a family and everything was great. The remodeling is gorgeous and we really appreciated the luxurious feel in the heartland! The staff were helpful. The breakfast has something for everyone! Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, December 2, 2013

Oakland, CA
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The rooms at this Hampton Inn are a bit bigger than typical.
The front desk staff were quite engaging.
The breakfast was lively with the full range of fresh options.
The hotel is just off of the freeway, but an easy drive into the core of Janesville.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, December 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay at the Hampton Inn of Janesville. Your feedback is a valuable component in monitoring our success and identifying areas that need improvement.

Minnesota
Reviewed November 19, 2013

UGH. We arrived late on a very cold, very windy day after a very long day in the car. The reviews had been good so were looking forward to a relaxing night. My husband went to check in and I waited in the car. And waited. And waited. I finally sent him a text asking what in the world was going on and he said no one was at the front desk! I said well come out with a cart and lets unload while we wait. My husband said there were no carts in sight. So I went in and finally, the front desk person came running down the hall - to answer the ringing phone. He obviously was working 2 jobs at once. They need 2 people on duty especially at night! He pointed us in the direction of the carts - across the lobby, past the eating area, near the pool -why not by the door? The room was cold so we turned on the heat which caused a burned dust smell to permeate the room. The front of the heater was thick with dust. The room was dark and overcrowded with furniture. So crowded that you couldn't open the closet door because the nightstand was crammed against it. Take out the grungy sofa and move the bed down so people can use the closet! I noticed then that my ankles were feeling a cold breeze - the wind was blowing in under the heater/AC unit! We took pillows off the bed and shoved them under the unit to block the wind.

Now as for the cleanliness.... We made sure none of our things touched the floor. Dead bugs in the bathroom light fixture, there was a huge long dusty web that went from the mirror to the cubbies where the towels were kept - was the spider in the towels? The bathroom tray that holds the shampoo etc. looked like someone had spit toothpaste on it some time ago. One of the samples was a little crusty. There were dirty spots on the bathroom floor and the mirror was cleaned as far up as the housekeeper could reach. Above that it was filthy and a previous guest had written "Good Morning" in the crud on the mirror. We got out our trusty wipes and wiped off anything we planned on touching. As we did so we noticed that above the filthy sofa there was another longer even dustier spider web, and another above the bed and even more around the curtains. By now I know I won't be sleeping all that well but my husband is dead tired and wiping the webs. Of course I am wondering where are the spiders? The lamp shades were thick with dust, the back edge of the sofa that touched the wall was so thick with dust I could not believe it. We somehow got through the night, got up early and left. Didn't check out the dining area, but the front desk person and dining room person were sitting out in the front lounge area, laughing it up nice and loud. Not overly professional and for sure not as busy as the poor guy the night before. We didn't eat there. Somehow didn't think it would be clean. We will not stay here ever again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MNClean
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, November 20, 2013

Meeting your expectations is our primary objective and I apologize that we fell short of that goal. Your comments are being reviewed with my staff so that corrections can be made.

Once again, I appreciate your comments and thoughts on my property. It is my hope that you will look to stay at my property on future trips.

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.