“There is no fitness center here”

Hampton Inn Janesville
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“There is no fitness center here”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel is currently under construction. Breakfast is being served in a guest room because there is currently not a breakfast area. The hallways/elevators are in poor shape with very old/dirty carpet and wallpaper (Hampton below average). My room has already been updated and is nice (Hampton average). The staff is very nice and recommended a good place nearby for dinner. My biggest complaint is that there is no fitness center here. I travel frequently for business, and have never stayed at a Hampton that does not have a fitness room. Unacceptable. This is a basic amenity that travelers expect at their hotel. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Elizabeth L
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay at the Hampton Inn of Janesville. Your feedback is a valuable component in monitoring our success and identifying areas that need improvement.

Meeting your expectations is our primary objective and I apologize that we fell short of that goal. Your comments are being reviewed with my staff so that corrections can be made.

Once again, I appreciate your comments and thoughts on my property. It is my hope that you will look to stay at my property on future trips.

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Peoria, Illinois, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Great experience at one more Hampton Inn! The beds were comfortable and the room was clean, despite the construction in the lobby tour overall experince at the location was excelent, we will definetly return!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I want to thank you for selecting the Hampton Inn of Janesville for your stay. I’m happy that you enjoyed it. We understand you have many lodging choices and we appreciate your business.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Janesville or our surrounding area. If there is anything I can assist you with to make your future visits more enjoyable please feel free to contact me.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Our room was fresh and very comfortable. Love duvet and lap desk. However, TV reception was terrible and heater started squealing during the night. Front desk staff was wonderful (both at check-in and check-out) and discounted room for our inconvenience, which we appreciated greatly. Breakfast eggs were surprisingly tasty! Will be nice when remodeling is complete. Hopefully old heaters can be replaced and TV issue resolved. My "techie" husband says the old cables need to be replaced for the new HD televisions.

Room Tip: Try TV and operate heating system before unpacking in case you need to change rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Terrific Staff from the Front Desk to Julie in Housekeeping. Breakfast was fresh and well stocked. The Menu consisted of a fresh fruit to eggs to waffles and sweet rolls. You won't go away hungry. Room was top rate. Worth every penny spent. We spent three days there and will stay again on our next visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, October 29, 2012

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night. There's really not a lot of hotel choices in the city of Janesville. Hotel has free wifi. It is beside the interstate. So if you are a light sleeper you will hear cars whizzing by. The room we stayed in was on the 2nd floor. Size is standard for any Hampton. No tub just a shower. Free breakfast is offered. However, if you prefer a hearthier fare Crackel Barrel is right beside the hotel. The one little irritant was our room was in the back where the outdoor floodlights illuminating the parking lot was almost the same level as our room. Window had a sheer curtain. So even with all the lights out, these outdoor floodlights were lighting up our room. So much for trying to sleep in the dark.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, October 2, 2012

Millard Ellis
Hampton Inn of Janesville
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 11, 2012

i stayed here during the construction..awesome upgrades to room..need to upgrade ac and tv still..felt very romantical not like a hotel like hampton..refresh breakfast some and things will really be much better..looking to visit again.when all is finished

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Janesville or our surrounding area. If there is anything I can assist you with to make your future visits more enjoyable, please call me directly at: (608) 754-4900 or e-mail me at millard.ellis@hilton.com .
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The rooms are fantastic. Newly renovated, stylish, and clean. Can't wait until the hallways and breakfast area are done too. The Front Desk staff was very nice, even helped us find spoons so we could enjoy some ice cream! My husband said the bed was the best one he's slept on in a long time. We will definately stay here again on our way through Wisconsin.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, September 11, 2012