Quality Inn(Janesville)
$69
Quality Inn(Edgerton)
$85
QualityInn
All reviewscracker barrelfront deskright next doorking bednice hotelfitness centerwould definitely stay here againfitness roomoatmealbeds were comfortablea great place to staypleasant stayparking lotbreakfast areanice roomnext morningchecking in
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

When you book online, even after reading the reviews, you never quite know what you're going to get. It was obvious when we walked in the lobby that there was construction going on, and I just want to say, we were so pleased with the renovations in our room. New, cool on a hot summer day, and spotlessly clean! We had a great two night stay. The desk staff was friendly and fast. The breakfast offered more choices than we expected (fresh hot oatmeal with toppings was a nice surprise!), and the breakfast hostess (I think her name is Laurie) kept everything stocked and tidy, and was so gracious and helpful. Our family had he pool and hot tub all to ourselves one evening, which was so much fun! Thanks for your hospitality, Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: July 2012
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

I want to thank you for selecting the Hampton Inn of Janesville for your stay. I’m happy that you enjoyed it. We understand you have many lodging choices and we appreciate your business.
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay at the Hampton Inn of Janesville. Your feedback is a valuable component in monitoring our success and identifying areas that need improvement.
Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Janesville or our surrounding area. If there is anything I can assist you with to make your future visits more enjoyable, please call me directly at: (608) 754-4900 or e-mail me at millard.ellis@hilton.com .

Reviewed July 21, 2012

As I'm reading the reviews for this hotel, I have noticed a slight trend: this hotel seems to have problems with double-charging guests. My family of four travels a lot in the summers, and we always stay in Hilton brand hotels to accumulate points. Therefore, we stay at a lot of Hampton Inns. We like them because of the free breakfast and free internet, and they are usually clean. I like to pay in advance when we have specific plans because when doing so, we can often take advantage of a "pay-in advance, no reservation changes" 10-15% savings. I booked a room for two nights a few weeks ago on the Hilton Honors site and paid in full then. We checked in and were told that we were paid up. This morning I checked my account and see that we were charged again for the two nights, plus $40 for "incidentals." I talked to the front desk and eventually they figured out they had made an error after I was made to show a receipt. But now there will be a hold on my debit card for almost $300 for the next week. I guess they got my debit card info that is stored with the Hilton Honors info because they didn't get it at check-in. Pretty unprofessional. What if we needed that money on our trip? We're half-way across the country. Be careful about letting this hotel get your card info. It may be best to pay with cash here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Meeting your expectations is our primary objective and I apologize that we fell short of that goal. Your comments are being reviewed with my staff so that corrections can be made.

Once again, I appreciate your comments and thoughts on my property. It is my hope that you will look to stay at my property on future trips.

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

First of all, had a reservation for two doubles, but my room got given away to accomodate some kids baseball team and their families....let that go...but was then billed 3 times to my credit card for a two night stay...(even though I paid in cash for my second night to assure that there would be no more activity on my card!!!) I am STILL waiting for the credit to return to my card!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at the Janesville Hampton last November (had stayed here several times prior) and wrote a review. I just stayed again this week and was pleasantly surprised by their efforts to update the hotel. I was given a kind suite on the 3rd floor, it has been completely modernized and was very nice. I also had a microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom was also updated, although I wonder why they put wallpaper in the shower area, it is already coming off. The employees at the desk and breakfast host were all very nice and helpful. I was told they are in the process of updating all of the rooms and there was also plans for a workout room by the end of the year. For now, you have to go a mile down the road to a fitness center (free pass).

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Made a reservation for this hotel back in April for my upcoming stay in July. I also paid in advance to secure my reservation. Upon arrival at the hotel, they had overbooked and my room was no longer available. I was sent to the Motel 6. If I had wanted to stay at the Motel 6 I would have made my reservation there in the first place. After three days of trying to contact the manager for a response I have still yet to receive one. Staff at "check-in" were poorly trained to handle the circumstances. I am really disappointed with the lack of customer service and have typically been happy with Hampton Inns in the past. Now I question whether to ever make a reservation at one ever again and will definitely not be staying at this location EVER.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple