Hampton Inn Janesville
Motel 6 Janesville(Janesville)
Quality Inn(Janesville)
Quality Inn(Edgerton)
View Hotel
All reviewscracker barrelfront deskking bedright next doornice hotelwould definitely stay here againoatmealfitness centerroom was cleana great place to stayparking lotconvenient locationpleasant stayhot tubbreakfast areachecking instaff was friendly
Reviewed June 14, 2012

When we arrived, our pre-paid room was "unavailable" as they were overbooked. The person at the desk was friendly and worked hard to find us something that would work. We had booked a double but ended up with a king and a pull-out couch which worked. We were only 2 doors down from the dining area and the first night a rowdy group of people was playing cards in that area and were very loud which made it difficult to sleep. This is directly next to the front desk, so I thought the management would have asked them to quiet down. We needed an extra blanket so I went to the front desk and no one was around (this was approx 10 pm). After waiting awhile I returned to my room and tried to call and the phone rang and rang with no one answering. Finally my husband went down to the front desk and waited until someone finally helped him. He told them we had tried to call and they said "if we are helping a customer we don't answer the phone". Aren't we customers too??? The location was okay, not real close to any restaurants but they weren't too far away. The rooms were clean, the housekeeping staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good; we were there four days and we had a variety of entrees, rather than the same thing every morning. Overall I would probably stay there again, but I have certainly had better service. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay at the Hampton Inn of Janesville. Your feedback is a valuable component in monitoring our success and identifying areas that need improvement.

Meeting your expectations is our primary objective and I apologize that we fell short of that goal. Your comments are being reviewed with my staff so that corrections can be made.

Once again, I appreciate your comments and thoughts on my property. It is my hope that you will look to stay at my property on future trips.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Ok, so this is not the Ritz, but I have to say that the Hampton Inn Janesville is a friendly little hotel. A large group of us visited recently for a family event and had a very enjoyable stay at the Hampton Inn.

The staff was friendly and what the hotel lacks in updates and charm, is made up for by the staff. A cheerful smile and a wave does a lot to keep guests happy.

The rooms are relatively boring (though they are updating the hotel) and are showing a little wear, but they are clean and big enough. The breakfast is the typical Hampton Inn breakfast, so it's ok, and serves the purpose, nothing great, but decent and enough of it. I will say that they had a bit of an issue with the juice machine one morning (OJ was really lumpy - not enough water perhaps? and the apple juice was clear - no juice?). Anyway, I was happy with my english muffin and coffee.

So, if you're in the area, this is probably your best bet for accommodations. Plus, there's a pool and hot tub and they are clean and nicely taken care of!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

I want to thank you for selecting the Hampton Inn of Janesville for your stay. I’m happy that you enjoyed it. We understand you have many lodging choices and we appreciate your business.
Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Janesville or our surrounding area. If there is anything I can assist you with to make your future visits more enjoyable, please call me directly at: (608) 754-4900 or e-mail me at millard.ellis@hilton.com .

Reviewed June 6, 2012

My show choir stayed here for a competition in Ft. Atkinson. This hotel was wonderful. We all went to the pool and had a snowball fight inside and chilled in the hot tub. The room was very clean and updated. So many memories were created that night. Let's just say, our director won't let us go on anymore overnight trips next year. The staff was awesome, especially the girl who gave me extra shampoo at 11 p.m. The breakfast was premium. I don't know what happened, but the police were there the next morning talking to a guest. Overall, I would stay here in a heartbeat! Having a job in the hotel industry, I would say this hotel is very similar to mine, just a lot bigger!

Room Tip: Ask for non-ajoining rooms. Our room was connected to our director's room. SCARY
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Reviewed May 7, 2012

My six-year-old son and I stayed here overnight on our drive to Canada. The rooms and public areas were very clean and neat, and the hotel was quiet. We enjoyed a dip in the pool and hot tub before bed. The beds were super comfortable--not too hard/not too soft, and I got a great night's sleep. Breakfast was nothing fancy, but it included hot food (my son loved making his own waffle) and was filling. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends! Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 23, 2012

this hotel definitely needs to change the front desk employees. Very rude woman (susann) i believe her name was. I had a problem with my room and came to front desk just simply to report it not even wanting anything and she basically called me a liar and said there's nothing i can do for you. I then could hear her talking to her manager or another employee and she called me a vulgar name. I DO NOT APPRECIATE THIS ! i WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL !

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank angel s
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2012

Please trust me when I say that improvement will be made in all concerning areas.