“A good hotel in Janesville, and I'm picky.”

Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“A good hotel in Janesville, and I'm picky.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I used to stay at the Hampton in Janesville for many years as the town is a halfway point on a trip I take often. After several bad experiences in a row there, I started staying at the Holiday Inn. It's clean, it's nice, and the staff is friendly and professional. This hotel also usually has the best price by $10-$20 and is conveniently located by restaurants and a gas station/convenience store.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Liva L
mkshis_11, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us by posting a review for our property. We value and appreciate all of the feedback from our guest. We are so happy to hear that you were able to find what you needed in your stay with us. We will happily serve you any time you are in the area. Thank you again for your kind feedback. Nothing pleases us more than when our guests leave feeling valued.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Plover, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Janesville, WI's Holiday Inn Express has a great location! Right off I-90 and US Highway 14, and within walking distance to restaurants, shopping and petro. I have stayed at this hotel several times and even though I have stayed at other hotels in the area, I always come back to this Holiday Inn Express.
The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are comfortable, the pool is nice and the breakfast selection is very good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
mkshis_11, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to critique our hotel. We are pleased that you have enjoyed staying with us and hope to see you again in the future. We appreciate all of the positive feedback and value your business greatly. Thank you for choosing our property. We will be happy to serve you again whenever you are in the area.
Eaton, Ohio
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here while traveling for one night. We have stayed here before as well and it has consistently been a great place to stay. The staff is very friendly and it is a clean, quiet hotel. The pool was not huge, but the water temp was perfect and it was clean. My kids loved how they had popcorn, cookies and drinks in the lobby for free each evening. They also have a nice little breakfast in the mornings. The rooms are clean. We stayed in a suite and it was larger than I expected and we really loved having the extra space for my two kids. We have stayed in other hotels in Janesville, but we prefer this one above the rest!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the suites and we loved it. They are very spacious. There was 5 of us and we had...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
mkshis_11, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing the details of your stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We value all of our guests' hoping they all are able to enjoy themselves leaving us having had a great experience. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. Please come back to visit us whenever you are in the area.
Minneapolis
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were passing through on a trip to Canada and had booked a room through Expedia. Upon check-in we found I had actually booked the incorrect date! The front desk clerk was extremely helpful and found us a room, facing away from the highway, despite our error and the high occupancy of the hotel that evening. The rooms are definitely dated - carpet, linens, pillows, the bathroom etc... are in need of a refresh, however the room was spotless and clean. Except for the pillows, the bed was comfortable. Amenities were adequate and the shower pressure was awesome! The hotel offers a substantial looking breakfast, but we needed to leave and didn't take advantage. Hotel guests were mix of business (for conference at hotel) and vacation travelers taking advantage of the indoor pool. One or two restaurants nearby, plenty on the other side of the highway. Overall basic, clean. We had a room with a king sized bed for a rate of $94.00

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
mkshis_11, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing our property and taking the time to share your experience by posting a review for our hotel. We strive to provide great customer service to all of our guest's. We are happy to hear your positive feedback regarding our staff members. We are a dated property and I am happy to tell you that we are in the works for a full renovation starting in October of this year. We would love to have you come back and visit us anytime, especially after our renovation so that you can see all the new and exciting changes. Thank you again for all of your feedback it is very helpful to us as well as appreciated.
South Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Breakfast and breakfast staff! I like the fact that I know what to expect both in terms of rooms, breakfast and pool area. Consistency is extremely important making this a solid choice. It is the reason that I never go to Best Westerns. If I want to gamble on Hotel quality, I would go to Vegas. Wide variety of restaurants locally to restaurant and some close enough to walk to from the property, Farm and Fleet is also close and that is always a fun experience! Footnote: Check out gas prices in Edgerton, just north of Janesville. Usually cheapest in the immediate area for some reason.

Room Tip: Not immediately next to the elevator! Had that room and heard noise. Not a barn burner but would ask...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. Our goal is to provide consistency and great service to all of our guests. we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you are ever in the area again it would be our pleasure to serve you. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review about our hotel your feedback is very important to us.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This s a really good place to stay when in Janesville. This hotel is close to any and all restaurants and shopping.

Clean, comfortable rooms that provided a peaceful nights rest. Rooms are a bit dated BUT the night I was there they had their team in for a remodel celebration. This hotel looks to be going under some future renovations.

Hotel hosts a "Happy Hour" of sorts on weekdays from 5:00-6:30pm with complimentary Wine, Beer, Soda, Popcorn and cookies. I nice surprise for any road weary traveler. I did not check out the fitness facility as I usually do so I could not tell you about that. Pool and hot tub were nice.

I would stay here again for location and Happy Hour and the comfort of rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cweld5
mkshis_11, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. Our guests comfort and feedback is very important to us. We strive to give all of our guests the service and accomodations they expect and deserve. We will be going through a renovation soon as you saw during your stay. We hope to be able to serve you again if you are ever passing through the area. Thank you again for your time and choosing our hotel.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Glad we only stayed here one night. The king size room we had was outdated. As soon as I walked into the room I felt very uncomfortable. This is not anything like the other Holiday Inns we had stayed before. The only thing that looked fairly decent was the indoor pool/breakfast room area and the outdoor area. I wonder what rooms ( the folks that wrote in their reviews) were in that had the nice soft beds.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
mkshis_11, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I do want to apologize for your discomfort while staying with us. Our property has a full renovation in the works we are expecting it to start in October. We do understand that we are dated and in need of this renovation. I hope if you are ever in the area again, after our renovation you would give us another chance.