“If you like Holiday Inn Express, you will like this hotel.”

Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Breakfast and breakfast staff! I like the fact that I know what to expect both in terms of rooms, breakfast and pool area. Consistency is extremely important making this a solid choice. It is the reason that I never go to Best Westerns. If I want to gamble on Hotel quality, I would go to Vegas. Wide variety of restaurants locally to restaurant and some close enough to walk to from the property, Farm and Fleet is also close and that is always a fun experience! Footnote: Check out gas prices in Edgerton, just north of Janesville. Usually cheapest in the immediate area for some reason.

Room Tip: Not immediately next to the elevator! Had that room and heard noise. Not a barn burner but would ask...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
mkshis_11, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. Our goal is to provide consistency and great service to all of our guests. we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you are ever in the area again it would be our pleasure to serve you. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review about our hotel your feedback is very important to us.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This s a really good place to stay when in Janesville. This hotel is close to any and all restaurants and shopping.

Clean, comfortable rooms that provided a peaceful nights rest. Rooms are a bit dated BUT the night I was there they had their team in for a remodel celebration. This hotel looks to be going under some future renovations.

Hotel hosts a "Happy Hour" of sorts on weekdays from 5:00-6:30pm with complimentary Wine, Beer, Soda, Popcorn and cookies. I nice surprise for any road weary traveler. I did not check out the fitness facility as I usually do so I could not tell you about that. Pool and hot tub were nice.

I would stay here again for location and Happy Hour and the comfort of rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cweld5
mkshis_11, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. Our guests comfort and feedback is very important to us. We strive to give all of our guests the service and accomodations they expect and deserve. We will be going through a renovation soon as you saw during your stay. We hope to be able to serve you again if you are ever passing through the area. Thank you again for your time and choosing our hotel.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Glad we only stayed here one night. The king size room we had was outdated. As soon as I walked into the room I felt very uncomfortable. This is not anything like the other Holiday Inns we had stayed before. The only thing that looked fairly decent was the indoor pool/breakfast room area and the outdoor area. I wonder what rooms ( the folks that wrote in their reviews) were in that had the nice soft beds.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
mkshis_11, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

I would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I do want to apologize for your discomfort while staying with us. Our property has a full renovation in the works we are expecting it to start in October. We do understand that we are dated and in need of this renovation. I hope if you are ever in the area again, after our renovation you would give us another chance.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This place was packed. Hockey teams, baseball and softball, families with little ones, and couples. The staff worked flawlessly to keep the grounds inside and out very clean. The pool was well kept and the breakfast bar offered many choices. Beds were very soft and easy to sleep in and the water pressure was dynamite. We will be back.

Room Tip: Stay in the top level to cut down on potential noise. Buy your pop/snacks at the gas station a few p...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Clean, quiet, comfortable, great beds and breakfast! We stopped without a reservation and were handled quickly and easily. Room rate was very reasonable. Easy on/off the highway. Good breakfast, friendly staff!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Everything was good, decent place to stay. Staff was friendly enough but you kinda picked up on the vibe that they were just doing enough without going out of their way. Room we were in was huge and clean, albeit a bit dated. Lots of shopping in the vicinity, however we were at the end of our vacation and essentially broke. Would most likely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

On our most recent stay we were able to use our points for a free stay which pleased us. The rooms are fairly spacious and clean. There was a noisy fan in the bathroom that always came on when the light was turned on so used the ceiling heater as a light to avoid this. Would like to have sink outside the bathroom so two could be getting ready at the same time. TV remote was tricky to operate and channels as listed in the information book did not match those on the TV. We did not swim this time but found the pool good on other stays. The breakfast was large and plentiful with a pancake maker, biscuits and gravey,eggs, bacon, plus the usual offerings. The problem was everything was luke warm, We wanted a microwave to heat the food up before eating it. Also only choice for fruit was bananas. There were 3 college baseball teams staying when we did and we were concerned when we checked in that it might be noisy but we never heard a thing from them and slept peacefully.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear rc5,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns and for choosing to stay with us again. We appreciate that you noticed the cleanliness of the room. Please accept our apologies for the issues you had encountered over breakfast. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Karen G.